Main Menu

The Book of Boba Fett [SPOILERS]

Started by rogue69, 29 September, 2021, 08:52:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IndigoPrime

It was a bit Billy Half a Narrative. Quite good, but those Mandalorians are a bit odd. [spoiler]On the brink of extinction, of course it makes sense to kick fully a third of your members out of the club.[/spoiler]

Also: [spoiler]that new ship is absurdly tiny. Previously, he had space for crew/bounties/supplies/somewhere to sleep. With this one, he'd be hard-pressed to squeeze in a lunchbox.[/spoiler]

CalHab

[spoiler]Unless he plans on decapitating all his future bounties?[/spoiler]

IndigoPrime

Quote from: CalHab on 27 January, 2022, 10:19:41 AM

Not sure where he'd keep even those. One per trip, in his lap? He's just not thought this through. Tsk. Boys and fast cars, eh?

sheridan

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 27 January, 2022, 10:40:27 AM

Not sure where he'd keep even those. One per trip, in his lap? He's just not thought this through. Tsk. Boys and fast cars, eh?

Crossed my mind upon first sight too - only so many [spoiler]heads[/spoiler] you could fit in the [spoiler]droid Grogu seat[/spoiler].

Definitely Not Mister Pops

Quote from: sheridan on 28 January, 2022, 03:10:11 PM
Quote from: IndigoPrime on 27 January, 2022, 10:40:27 AM

Crossed my mind upon first sight too - only so many [spoiler]heads[/spoiler] you could fit in the [spoiler]droid Grogu seat[/spoiler].

[spoiler]Didn't he become King of the Mandalorians or somesuch at the end of the last season? Maybe he's receiving some kind of stipend and doesn't need to take on dangerous bounty hunting jobs.[/spoiler]
You may quote me on that.

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Mister Pops on 28 January, 2022, 03:36:07 PM
[spoiler]Didn't he become King of the Mandalorians or somesuch at the end of the last season? Maybe he's receiving some kind of stipend and doesn't need to take on dangerous bounty hunting jobs.[/spoiler]

No... [spoiler]he came into possession of the DarkSabre by combat, which gives him the 'right' to lead the Mandalorians. Since Mandalore has been laid waste and its people scattered, this isn't quite the prize it might otherwise have been.[/spoiler]
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Trooper McFad

If anyone has skipped the clone wars then a watch through that (can't remember which seasons) they deal with a big chunk of Mandalore prior to it being destroyed. I thought it's was decent especially the last 2/3 seasons
Citizens are Perps who haven't been caught ... yet!

Tiplodocus

Well that reminded me what I've been missing from this series... STARS. It was nice to get off Tatooine and see some star fields.

[spoiler]One of the great things about Episode 1 was all of the gorgeous design work. Was a shame to see the beautiful star fighter design spoilt with all of the greeblies they added.[/spoiler]
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

The Legendary Shark

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 27 January, 2022, 10:01:44 AM

Also: [spoiler]that new ship is absurdly tiny. Previously, he had space for crew/bounties/supplies/somewhere to sleep. With this one, he'd be hard-pressed to squeeze in a lunchbox.[/spoiler]

He could always hitch up a [spoiler]space caravan[/spoiler].

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

PsychoGoatee

Just wanted to say, love The Mandalorian! Just finally got around to giving it a full go, ended up watching the two seasons over the past week. Lotta fun, cool Star Wars tales.

I wonder if any of the writers read Strontium Dog by the way! Wouldn't surprise me. I noticed a comics writer Christopher Yost in the credits, known for some X-Men books.

Just starting Book of Boba now.

IndigoPrime

This series has some seriously weird pacing. Also, given all the [spoiler]voice acting he's done in the past, Hamill was like a plank of wood here.[/spoiler] Not a bad episode in terms of things happening, but it felt like moving chess pieces for what happens next.

sheridan

All great episodes as far as I'm concerned, but I agree about the pacing - one episode left of the seven episode series and - apart from 10 seconds of [spoiler]the explosion[/spoiler] the [spoiler]war hasn't begun yet[/spoiler] - they've got to pack a lot in to next week's episode!

Mardroid

[spoiler]This latest episode was definitely more an episode of The Mandalorian than Boba Fett, but I enjoyed it. Okay, that's not saying much as I enjoy the Mandalorian....

I did wish we'd see more of Boba Fett at the end of the episode. I say 'more'... anything would have been nice.

I really like the new ship. I thought it looked more beefy than the Naboo star fighters of The Phantom Menace, but I now think that might have just been the angles in which it was shot, or... just my stupid brain. Maybe it's just after seeing entire squads of them together in tPM made them look smaller... cos they were farther away, like. (Seen that episode of Father Ted when they go caravanning? Yes I'm becoming Dougal.)

It crossed my mind too that it's not really a ship for bounty hunters... unless he gets a larger ship as well. It needn't be as high tech and equipped as his previous ship since he's got the flashy starfighter for the fighting stuff now, just a dependable thing with cargo space for frozen bounties.(Not the chocolatey kind.)[/spoiler]

Oh that reminds me... I'm talking about last week's episode and I forgot, it's new episode day today! I honestly had forgotten when I started this post. In my defence, I'm tired and I did a bit of shopping after work...

PsychoGoatee

[spoiler]Good points on the ship there![/spoiler]

I just caught up, really dig the Book of Boba. Fun stuff. I like how it overall has had it's own pace and vibe, very much like a classic Western. With that wild SW vibe and quirks we'd come to expect and want of course.

In general I like how it feels like it could go a lot of places, and in a zen cowboy kind of way, I'm okay with it going anywhere. It has characters we care about, but it's kind of laid-back and easygoing plot wise. Yet it also feels inventive and fresh. Can't wait for more of this fine universe.

sheridan

Re: the ship.

As is pretty obvious, it's a bit small for a bounty hunter (unless that bounty hunter is only going to be collecting heads, which isn't exactly Mando's style).  Though seeing as [spoiler]Boba has left the bounty hunter life behind, perhaps the impractical ship is foreboding of something similar for Mando?  And it's the perfect size for a little Grogu, if Grogu picks the mithril above the lightsabre[/spoiler].