Main Menu

Sideshow Vote: I am Solo

Started by broodblik, 06 April, 2022, 04:14:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AlexF

I noted around 10 options that are beloved classics, narrowing down further was tough!
1) 13
2) Chiaroscuro
3) Return to Armageddon

Can't quite fathom not having room for Necronauts and Cradlegrave but there it is. And really Meltdown Man deserves some special prize for sustaining such a long continuous an deeply satisfying story.

Colin YNWA

Probably the hardest of these yet. In all honestly my list should probably be all John Smith as I think Cradlegrave, Firekind and Leatherjack are as good as anything the prog has ever had. In the end though I've decided to go for some forced variety as there is so much scope and range in the list and that deserves to be reflected. On that basis - for today only! - I will go:

1. Cradlegrave
2. Return to Armageddon
3. Leviathon

There are 10, 12 others at least that on a different day I might have gone for. Such a strong list!

Richard

Reading that list made me realise I couldn't remember what Darkness Visible was, so I re-read it. I'm glad I did, because it's pretty good. By Nick Abadzis and John Ridgway. As far as I know it's never been reprinted, but it should be.

JayzusB.Christ

Cradlegrave
Firekind
Tribal Memories
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

broodblik

We have a clear leader so you have until Wednesday to go full solo on us
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

broodblik

1. Harry 20
2. Metalzoic
3. Hook Jaw
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

broodblik

The winner I am not surprised about since everyone on this forum raves about it. A close second place one I did find surprising since it is one of the writers that I feel gets some slack unnecessary. The third I believe is one for nostalgia and the number of episodes helped it course.

The top 3 shorts:

1. Cradlegrave
2. Harry 20
3. Meltdown Man

Bubbling under:
4. Metalzoic and Firekind