Main Menu

Sideshow Vote II: Even you know I am cooler than you

Started by broodblik, 08 June, 2022, 03:52:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AlexF

I see your Fritt Villt 2 and raise you a Død snø 2: red vs dead

broodblik

Wednesday is the last day to choose your cooler movie. So far it looks like a mad result
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Dash Decent

- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

Richard

Funt Solo

Yeah, it's Aliens.

++SPOILERS++

It's not that it's better than Alien, necessarily (and, contextually, it really helps if you've seen them in order - because then your fear and Ripley's, at the outset, are well matched). What marks it out is that it's an entirely different genre. It honors the setting and the characters of the original - it even expands on it (by having the same villain - the Weyland-Yutani Corporation), but it still does something fresh and original.

I really dislike a lot of sci-fi movies. There's a tendency to pop people in a spaceship and then have them all go crazy - because they're too near the sun, or too near the edge of reality - there's an entire genre of "people going slightly mad in space" movies that I just find utterly boring. What we need is more space marines exclaiming "stop your grinnin' and drop your linen"!

Or, "we're all pretty strung out, but let's stay frosty". Or "what are we supposed to use: harsh language?" Or "in the pipe, five-by-five". Or "look into my eye". Almost every other line belongs in the gung-ho quote book - it may just be the most quotable movie in history.

All of this is before you get to the fact that you're watching one of the most accomplished (if not the best) sci-fi, action-thriller in existence. Meet the team of ultimate bad-asses! Now watch the team get fucked up in short order - flame-throwing each other, dissolving in acid splash, screaming in the darkness.  "Well, we're in some pretty shit now!" Don't worry - even though Ripley was correct - IQs had suddenly dropped while she was in hypersleep - she's got the chutzpah to pull their fat out of the fryer.  "Nuke the site from orbit. It's the only way to be sure."

Fuck, what a kick-ass movie.
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Huey2

broodblik

A certain alien movie tried its best but at the end a mad vote was good enough

Voting Closed

Mad Max: The Road Warrior is the winner
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Funt Solo

++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Colin YNWA

Quote from: broodblik on 15 June, 2022, 03:25:15 AM
A certain alien movie tried its best but at the end a mad vote was good enough

Voting Closed

Mad Max: The Road Warrior is the winner

Ts'right

Rogue Judge

The Humungus would be pleased!

The Road Warrior is the perfect apocalyptic western.