Main Menu

Forum’s Fav Thrill - Insurrection vs. Nemesis the Warlock Rd 5 Heat 10

Started by Colin YNWA, 08 August, 2022, 06:35:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

IndigoPrime

Insurrection never fully clicked with me. Nemesis ran out of steam. But Nemesis wins it, for those early series that looked like nothing I'd ever seen before – and still look like nothing else in comics.

sheridan

Yep, what others have said - Insurrection might be at Dreddverse W40K, but W40K is Termight with a smattering of Dredd in the first place (not surprising as the authors of 40K released the first rulebook the year after they released the JDRPG).

I keep banging on about this, but the reason I jumped on to the Squaxx train was Skizz and The Slaying of Slade - both of which ended in the first prog I actually bought.  Luckily Nemesis came along shortly afterwards to keep me on the train.  There are only one or two other thrills which would even cause me to have to ponder which pick, so Insurrection is no less for not being my pick on this one.

Dash Decent

- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

Southstreeter

Nemesis. So good I've bought it about 5 times (though I do move my editions on when an even better version comes out - please let the Heresies be the final versions!)

JayzusB.Christ

Sorry, Insurrection.  It was good and all but there's nothing like Nemesis.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Colin YNWA

With a day to go, fittingly, Insurrection is putting up stiff resistance, but it is of course being overwhelmed. It has today to make a last stand before witness it being overrun in the morning.

Dark Jimbo

@jamesfeistdraws

Colin YNWA

VOTING CLOSED

Nemesis stormed this. of course it did. But Insurrection didn't go down without a valiant last stand. It took votes were it could and while it never really stood a chance it can hold its head high. If I'm honest I'm not quite sure which way I'd have gone here as I love Nemesis, those early stories hold up to anything else in the Prog, ever. Ot did lose it way a litte in its second half. Insurrection knew from beginning to end what it was and the tale it wanted to tell and did that to absolute ... well near perfection. Still I don't have to make that horrible call and you all spoke loud and put

Nemesis the Warlock

into Round 6

The Enigmatic Dr X

Lock up your spoons!