Main Menu

I cant think for myself.

Started by Jared Katooie, 24 August, 2003, 11:38:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jared Katooie

Recently my life has fallen apart completely and my worst nightmares have come to pass. In this difficult time I cant cope with anything in my long-term future, such as my ideal job.

So if anyone has any suggestions just let me know. At this stage I just dont give a feck what I do so as long as it isn't too mentally taxing I'll be fine.

Sadly I wont be able to reply to any messages soon as my net time has been cut even shorter since my moniter exploded (I'm typing this on my dads PC while I'm supposed to be looking at college courses).

Remember these simple rules:

1) Jared lacks intellect.

2) Jared cannot travel far.

3) Jared is not streetwise.

4) Jared needs regular access to a toilet.

5) Jared is easily confused and tends to panic when placed under pressure.

6) Jared can live on 100 Euro a week (about 60 pounds sterling).

So if you have any good suggestions let me know. What do you do? Is it any good? etc.

Well.... eh... seeya.

Jrd.

El Spurioso

Dustman.

Window Cleaner.

Politician.

Slippery PD

Project Manager
Any middle management post
erm Teacher - they take anyone in these days :)

Yer Slips

JimBob

Bin man. seriously, did it ofr 6 months after 6th form in what rich kids call their gap year and I called my earning cash because I cant sponge of my folks year. The money is pretty good and once you get used to the hours its OK work, gets you fit too. Much better than the admin jobs I had pre-career where you get patronised by old trouts all day.

Jim

Something Fishy

Plenty of farm-hand posts going down here these days (even the massive number of eastern europeans working here are asking more than that per week.

Plenty of work for south sea islanders in the many pro rugby teams here (I was at a game for my home team today and i have to say there were as many of our islander friends in the crowd as locals - they have flocked here for the rugby and money and they are welcome as they are great folks) - so if you are a tongan/fijian/samoan you are in!!

Richmond Clements

JimBob is right.

I drive a lorry, and sometimes a street sweeper for my local Council, and can tell you it is the easies work in the world, and if you can worm your way into a driving job (like I did) you more often than not, come home as clean as you left in the morning.
Downside is an early start (7am), but you get an early finish (3.30).

Devons Daddy

dish washer.kitchen porter

i started out as one. minumum wage. great food. the chefs always look after the guys who keep the place clean, easily fits into college work holiday schedules. uniform provided, and laundred. FOC,

plenty of intersting people. part timers from every walk of life, decent attitude towards you from your boss as he likely started in your place many years before.

money to be made on side from selling the pig bins to local farmers and collection of bottles for recycling.

when ever you go out with cooks chefs they always buy you beers,. again they know the wages are not high and you work in a job witch is vital to them performing well.

its manual hard work. but does not offer any of the challenges you wish to stay away from.

walk up to any loading bay of any hotel,resturant club, ask if the chef is about. he will be able to tell you yes or no,and likely tell you who is looking for such help.

I AM VERY BUSY!
PJ Maybe and I use the same dictionary, live with it.

NO 2000ad no life!

Oddboy

Got to agree with DD here - I was a KP while at college... good food, chef?s are good to you (so long as you don?t piss them off, then beware!) - mentally unchallanging.  Free pizzas to take home after your shift (I was with an Italian resturant!)
Better set your phaser to stun.

judge dreddd

some kind of rep job in a sunny place, you get cash, board and lodgings,sun,cheap booze and a beach....

perhaps,just perhaps, you should checkout the careers guides at the library or somet...

Art

Avoid anything to do with meat.

Also never work in a laundry during summer.

Wils

And avoid any restaurant where Arthur orders soup and gets exactly what he asks for.

Proudhuff

Be a postie, its better that waking the streets

katish!
DDT did a job on me

Art

I've actually checked since then and apparently it isn't a kind of soup, its actually the Japanese word for "marinate".

Wils

Is it a specific word applying only to the face?

JayzusB.Christ

As far as I remember, Mr Katooie, you are fairly young and live in Dublin. These are crappy times for employment: I've been bouncing from one short-term one to another in Dublin for about a year. But yeah, KP work is not too bad, I did it in the Japanese restaurant Ayumi-Ya (Baggot Street) when I was in college, and got fed the very best Japanese food every night. Also, try film-extra work - look up Backstage Casting or go to www.nixers.com. I've been in a few films and TV programmes for a second or two, me, and the pay is, well, it's better than a kick in the bollix, as they say.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"