Main Menu

Dredd vs Death - Any good, is it?

Started by JayzusB.Christ, 29 October, 2003, 01:25:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JayzusB.Christ

I was thinking of buying it. Is it actually like Mega-City 1? I've seen one so-so review of it in a magazine, and the reviewer wasn't too blown away. But I really want a go at being in Mega-City 1.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Trout

The answer is yes.

There are lots of Big Meg things in it, from fatties to passing zooms.

And the Lawgiver's pretty cool.

- Trout

Banners

I was gonna get it but Scojo's review put me off.

M@

Trout

BWAAAAAA HAAAAAAAAA HAAAAAAAA HAAAAAAAA HAAAAAAAAA!

LOL!

Nice one, M@!

- Trout

JayzusB.Christ

Where might one find scojo's review? Jaysus wept, the man doesn't give up, does he?
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Art

Go to the alt.comics.2000ad. ANy of the current top 8 threads should be Scojos review. He's given it between 5 and 1 out of ten variously depending on what level of medication he's on that day, though I reckon if he was honestly going to rate it he'd have to give it 10 out of 10 since he's gotten so much fun out of it.

Oddboy

Better still, DON'T go to alt.comics.2000ad. There lies the way to insanity (talking to scojo).
Better set your phaser to stun.

W. R. Logan

Im enjoying it, running round shooting stuff, bimbling along looking at the city (it doesnt get you a great score but there's so much to see)
The arcade games are fun and getting my arse kicked playing online.
I wouldnt listen to the ramblings of a mentally deranged troll like scojo, hes anti the game because of more reasons that Im gonna go into here.
If your a fan, get it, play it. If its not your cup of tea then trade it in when you get your next game.

La Placa Rifa,
W. R. Logan.

WoD

James

Or buy it from GAME and take it back before 10 days for a no questions asked full refund.

bloke

From what i can tell you are probably better off with the pc version. i have the ps2 version and the mp modes arent as good as advertised because of silly limits. plus, as with most ps2 games, you cannot save during levels (why this is always the case i will never know). The game is good but short, the graphics are great but the dark judges (so far) are pretty lame. The game is a bit too much resident evil than perhaps judge dredd for my tastes ultimately, but its a good effort.

Art

Tsk. I'd actually count the not-saving-during-levles thing as an improvement. Completeing FPSs by inching along, saving at every turn is just unsporting.

Oddboy

Sometimes the checkpoints are really annoying...you've just scraped through to the end of level boss with no ammo & barely any health & Plink! Checkpoint reached, and not a chance of actually winning against the badguy.
Better set your phaser to stun.

Trout

Then restart the level, Odds.

I'm with Art, and I think we should bear in mind these games are designed to be played more than once, to get your rating up and unlock more goodies.

I have the PS2 version and I'm happy with it.

The only reason I'd want a PC one is for online play with all my servants here.

So I could grind you into the dust, of course.

- Trout

bloke

No, unsporting is being unable to save the game when you are in an unlit room with a thousand baying vampires and your lawgiver just gave out.

it mihgt sound atmospheric, and it can be, but it gets real frustrating real quick.
I am having the same problem with Timesplitters 2.