Main Menu

Life Spugs because...

Started by Dog Deever, 04 March, 2009, 08:00:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Gloady

I'd never dye my hair to it's NATURAL colour (nothing wrong with bleach though, that's been a semi regular feature in my youth, but I reckon 35 is quite old enough to knock that on the head).  No chance of baldness, no history on either side.  And seeing as my dad had a thick head of pure WHITE hair in his early 20s I'm only surprised I've kept my original colour so long....
New in town?  Follow this link for a guide to the Greatest Threads Ever

I, Cosh

...well not for me, but I just read this article and I really can't imagine anything more horrifying. Surely you would just go mental.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/8375326.stm

We never really die.

uncle fester

I just read that article before reading your post. How that guy didn't just go insane is beyond me.

Colin YNWA

That there's a pretty incredible man.

On a similar note there are numerous cases of people being operated on while the anaesthetic has paralysised them they are still conscious. Ouch.

TordelBack

Mike Gloady

Quote from: Colin_YNWA on 24 November, 2009, 08:24:57 AM
...there are numerous cases of people being operated on while the anaesthetic has paralysised them they are still conscious. Ouch.

Happened to my mum, that.  She had nightmares for the rest of her life, as you'd expect.  Ouch indeed.  My last conscious thought the last time I went under in an operating theatre was "God I hope it's not genetic, this is my sack here...."

Good call on the Metallica, TB. 

Life spugs because Metallica haven't been worth listening to for a while.....
New in town?  Follow this link for a guide to the Greatest Threads Ever

SuperSurfer

... because I was at another meeting from Hell of the management group of our small block of flats. Just unbelievable. Constant spoiling tactics of those who wish to derail the refurbishment of the communal areas which are a complete embarrassing dump. Can't people understand that if a vote goes against them then tough! That doesn't mean they have automatic right of veto. Was like the Mad Hatter's Tea Party.

Gavin_Leahy_Block

Because shit roles downhill and it always seams to stop right in front of me.

uncle fester

James Stacey

preferably away from the shit seam

Gavin_Leahy_Block

I've tried, but it's a very steep hill.

uncle fester

Find a different hill with a better view.

...I'm barely hanging on to the analogy here, aren't I?

wild-seven

QuoteMy last conscious thought the last time I went under in an operating theatre was "God I hope it's not genetic, this is my sack here...."

surely the spelling is 'sac' as in 'le sac magique' - ?
I was going to procrastinate but I think I'll leave it till tomorrow

vzzbux

Quote from: TordelBack on 24 November, 2009, 08:29:38 AM
Ouch.  I feel some Metallica coming on...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EzgGTTtR0kc

Darkness imprisoning me, all that I see, absolute horror,
I cannot live, I cannot die, trapped in myself, body my holding cell.

Landmine has taken my sight, taken my speech, taken my hearing,
Taken my arms, taken my legs, taken my soul, left me with life in hell.

ROCK ON.

V
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

Dandontdare

life spugs cos I knackered my leg last night and can barely walk. I wasn't even (very) drunk, but whilst walking between pubs, I simply turned a corner and my left calf muscle just seemed to go TWANG. The bastard still hurts like hell.

Oh and after limping painfully to the shop and back, I discover my newspaper is missing all the magazines and TV guide. Grrr.