uncle fester

Where do you find this stuff, Johnny?

SuperSurfer

Quote from: johnnystress on 04 February, 2010, 02:50:48 PM
Quote from: SuperSurfer on 04 February, 2010, 12:54:16 PM
The guy has issues.
Essential reading
http://strangerthaneviction.tumblr.com/

Really busy so I've just read a few lines and ditto! Will read later. Yup. Cleaning bill for non-cleaning. That's another issue here. Great little earner that one.

SuperSurfer

Got a 'client' going ga-ga on me. Designed ad advert for them to go in a magazine.

"Can you take the logo off?"

Apparently it interferes with the message. I mean look, just fuck off. I have wasted a good couple of hours on emails since yesterday telling them they are talking out of their council gritters and even more time doing endless versions of the advert when I should have just told them to shit off from the outset. Time wasters.

The Legendary Shark

Keep on charging for every alteration.
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Banners

Quote from: SuperSurfer
Got a 'client' going ga-ga on me...

Isn't the kind of thing you describe par for the course? It is for me(!)

M@

Peter Wolf

Quote from: SuperSurfer on 09 February, 2010, 02:09:27 PM
Got a 'client' going ga-ga on me. Designed ad advert for them to go in a magazine.

"Can you take the logo off?"

Apparently it interferes with the message. I mean look, just fuck off. I have wasted a good couple of hours on emails since yesterday telling them they are talking out of their council gritters and even more time doing endless versions of the advert when I should have just told them to shit off from the outset. Time wasters.

There is nothing worse than timewasters.I  just passed up on some work because the clients are idiots and will not listen to good advice and insist on throwing their money away plus there was a property management company involved as well who are properly fucked up who i refuse to deal with in any capacity so i just walked away from it.

Less work and less cash but most importantly less hassle.
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

The Legendary Shark

I generally give two alterations for free and then start charging a fiver for each subsequent alteration. This started after I did something for one client who kept on saying things like "Excellent! Can we try it in blue?" and "Perfect! How would the lettering look in green?" etc.
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

The Legendary Shark

Life Spugs Because... Nothing changes :(

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

TordelBack

Quote from: The Legendary Shark on 09 February, 2010, 02:21:54 PM
I generally give two alterations for free and then start charging a fiver for each subsequent alteration. This started after I did something for one client who kept on saying things like "Excellent! Can we try it in blue?" and "Perfect! How would the lettering look in green?" etc.

We do the same thing with planning reports - one meeting and one set of reasonable revisions for free (inclusive, really), then charge for every meeting/revision after that.  Focuses the mind, we find.

Peter Wolf

Quote from: The Legendary Shark on 09 February, 2010, 02:37:33 PM
Life Spugs Because... Nothing changes :(

Try and keep positive because it will change and it is changing but it wont happen overnight and anyway it will change permanently as soon as everyone stops voting for these muppets as ultimately its the people that are to blame so they all need to wake up which they seem to be doing in large numbers.

Having a positive outlook is very important because remember that "they" want you to feel hopeless and depressed and disenfranchised.
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

TordelBack

Quote from: Peter Wolf on 09 February, 2010, 03:48:13 PM
...remember that "they" want you to feel hopeless and depressed and disenfranchised.

...and that the only way you'll feel better is by buying stuff.

The Doctor Alt 8

Is anybody else having the same damed toruble with the redesigned Facebook?

I've "lost" two applications, Knighthood & Superhero city... Grrr

SuperSurfer

Thanks for the comments about my 'client' woes, people. Working on my own, I can stew on these things.

One remark made is that they would like to "get an opinion from a professional marketeer" [ie bullshitter].

What, to say "you are correct, you don't need your logo on your advert"?

How draining.

As the good Captain Beefheart said: "Somebody had too much to think."

Thank God I have some work to do at a company tomorrow.