Main Menu

My Brother: Grexnix

Started by ming, 25 May, 2010, 09:02:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ming

Don't take my word for it - Tharg said so!

When Prog 271 came out I, as an eleven-year old, was mostly very proud of my big brother for getting a picture printed in the Galaxy's Greatest.  I say mostly because I knew his dirty secret - soon to be a matter of public record, with Tharg rubbing his nose in it (not to mention the Rigellian Hotshot).  The shame, the shame...  Having said that; what a bunch of eager snitches!

;)

Mike Gloady

New in town?  Follow this link for a guide to the Greatest Threads Ever

Darren Stephens

https://www.dscomiccolours.com
                                       CLICK^^

ming

Yeah, and those 'Squaxx' got paid by Green Bonce for snitching!  I mean, really, the very idea!

;)

Hoagy

I used to love that book,your brother has now tainted with his audacious art thievery.
"bULLshit Mr Hand man!"
"Man, you come right out of a comic book. "
Previously Krombasher.

https://www.deviantart.com/fantasticabstract

Dandontdare

Ha, brilliant.

A guy at my school also got a picture printed and loads of people wrote in to point out he'd simply copied the Beholder from the D&D monster manual. Also, for his art O level he only had one decent picture, that he'd been faffing over all year, so in the last few days he faked up loads of "preliminary sketches" and "studies" to pad things out. He got a U.

LARF

mogzilla

homage*cough*mcmahon*cough*cursed earth cover *cough*thargy double standards? :o

Roger Godpleton

And now your brother is a tramp and you just HAVE to stick the boot in. ::)
He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

SuperSurfer

Well my brother copied a back page poster from Monster Fun comic and entered it into a Walls ice cream competition and he won a Raleigh Chopper bike. Man, I was so jealous. 

Tweak72

Quote from: mogzilla on 25 May, 2010, 10:38:35 PM
homage*cough*mcmahon*cough*cursed earth cover *cough*thargy double standards? :o

Yeah, I am wondering about that too. Many Illos pay homage or use other stuff thats slightly changed and apparently if you change certian things the there is no breach of copy rights either.
+++THRILL POWER, OVERWHELMING++++++THRILL POWER, OVERWHELMING+++

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Tweak72 on 26 May, 2010, 01:10:33 PM
Quote from: mogzilla on 25 May, 2010, 10:38:35 PM

Yeah, I am wondering about that too. Many Illos pay homage or use other stuff thats slightly changed and apparently if you change certian things the there is no breach of copy rights either.

If we're taking about what I think we're talking about (though I might be miss judging my coughs for nudges?) to be fair to Tharg wasn't the rip-off cover commissioned by Games Workshop?

Proudhuff

I had a picture printed way back, Buttonman could probably tell us which issue  ;)
DDT did a job on me

Trout

I demand your brother come here to defend himself.

We will judge him on his value, based on the achievements in his life to date. A comprehensive CV will be required!