Main Menu

The End is Nigh - Again!

Started by longmanshort, 02 November, 2005, 09:32:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

longmanshort

+++ implementing rigid format protocols +++ meander mode engaged +++

Bolt-01

House of Usher

Very nice review there. While I'm reviewing the review, I should just like to say I hate the reviewer's cliched use of the word 'heady' as in heady mix(ture). What on Earth is it supposed to mean? Does the inclusion of comic strips, journalism and features in one organ cause a giddying sensation similar to the effects of (for examplre) inhaling amyl nitrate? I think not.

Anyway, The End Is Nigh #2 looks great, and I'm looking forward to reading it properly. I did glance through the 50 Things to Do With Your Last 7 Minutes feature, and I was struck by the fact that it's a huge relief to have gained a whole 3 minutes extra since the mid-1980s, and then I was struck again by the implication that to benefit from most of the suggestions in the article, one would have to be the only one who knows that armageddon is imminent. For example, there's only 7 minutes left to live, yet Games Workshop is bursting with teenage wargamers and one's acquaintances are sitting down to watch a 2 hour movie and don't want the ending spoiled...

I'll see if I can get round to reviewing it myself (double thumbs up!) if Christine doesn't beat me to it.
STRIKE !!!

Tanky

LMS: Just wondering if you read my message about the editorial stuff? If so, whaddaya reckon?

xTGx

longmanshort

David: Chrissy's done a review, apparently.

Tanky: I did indeed, currently working through replies to about 30 e-mails from the past week! Please be patient!! ;-)

Tanky

robbycox

Hi LMS,
I've ordered my copy of EiN2 off of the EiN website and paid through Paypal, on the site it says issue 1 is sold out, are you going to get any more printed or wotnot?
Cheers,
Rob.

longmanshort

Possibly, but I just can't afford it at the moment. In any case, it would be a limited run of about 25 copies because although there's some remaining interest in #1, it's not yet enough to justify the extra cost.

Enjoy issue two - should have been posted today ...

House of Usher

So, including additional print runs, how many copies of The End Is Nigh #1 were printed?
STRIKE !!!

robbycox

Cheers LMS, If you do get enough interest to print a second run put me at the top of the list!
Best,
Rob.

Phuz

Possibly, but I just can't afford it at the moment. In any case, it would be a limited run of about 25 copies because although there's some remaining interest in #1, it's not yet enough to justify the extra cost.

What about putting together a PDF version of issue 1, then selling it through the EiN website for a quid? That way it?s always going to avaible.

Didn?t you already have that idea, Mike?

longmanshort

So, including additional print runs, how many copies of The End Is Nigh #1 were printed?

Just short of 400.

What about putting together a PDF version of issue 1, then selling it through the EiN website for a quid? That way it?s always going to avaible. Didn?t you already have that idea, Mike?

I did, but I got a headache thinking about how to set that up, so I stopped thinking about it ... I'm having a hard enough time sorting out the 'Buy Now' buttons on the website for the current issue ...

Tiplodocus

I went to buy one with PAYPAL but got this horrible error. Is it a sign that the world is ending?

"Server Error in '/' Application.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A potentially dangerous Request.Form value was detected from the client (encrypted="...PKCS7----- ,-----BEGIN ...").
Description: Request Validation has detected a potentially..."
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

longmanshort

Ah yes, Thinky should be sorting that out fairly soon. Please bear with us!

Art

That's a setting in web.config... A particualrly stupid and annoying one that breaks your application whenever a "suspect" character is entered, which is of no use to anyone. Of course without it you'll have to put in your own code to filter out those characters, which is what they actually should have built in.