Main Menu

2000AD Original Art Thread

Started by J3D1, 16 May, 2010, 08:34:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

amines2058

They are all amazing dale but that Fabry piece is something special!!  :o

Mikey

Sweet baby Jovus! All that in one place must be mind blowing!

M.
To tell the truth, you can all get screwed.

Jim_Campbell

Holy God... those McMahon pages were up for sale a year or so ago (I think). I'd have given my eye teeth for one of them, but there's no way I could persuade the missus to let me spend the asking price.

*seethes with envy*

Cheers

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Dunk!

Lovely.

Do come to Thought Bubble again this year, Dale, and bring the Slaines just so I can oogle them. :)

Dunk!
"Trust we"

ming

Jim - different Slaine pages, I think (these have been locked away in a collection for years unless I haven't been paying attention).

A fantastic haul, Dale - and just the tip of the iceberg (art-berg?).

I dread to think what you had to trade / pay for that lot.

Out of curiosity, what proportion will you keep?  I just figure with the lengths you went to to secure that staggering amount of art, there must have been at least a few keepers involved.  Or is it all to be passed on?

My mind boggles at the high-end art dealing game, it really does.  Still, makes me glad I'm (semi-) retired from all this and can just watch from the sidelines ;)

Mikey

Don't drink anything Dunk offers you Dale!

(That's sentence is a bit 'Dey do doh dont dey doh')

M.
To tell the truth, you can all get screwed.

hippynumber1

Wonderful! I'll take the lot!  ;)

Call-Me-Kenneth

Fatboydale

Quote from: ming on 21 February, 2014, 08:50:35 AM
Jim - different Slaine pages, I think (these have been locked away in a collection for years unless I haven't been paying attention).

A fantastic haul, Dale - and just the tip of the iceberg (art-berg?).

I dread to think what you had to trade / pay for that lot.

Out of curiosity, what proportion will you keep?  I just figure with the lengths you went to to secure that staggering amount of art, there must have been at least a few keepers involved.  Or is it all to be passed on?

My mind boggles at the high-end art dealing game, it really does.  Still, makes me glad I'm (semi-) retired from all this and can just watch from the sidelines ;)

Non of these pages have been available before ..

Payment i don't like to think about it , since i really do need a new car and house ...

As for keeping certain pages , yes of course i am a collector first , the dealing is so i can buy more ..

And i if i remember i will bring them .... bring your Halo's thou ...

Here is a little Silent Slaine , i forget which issue ..

Spikes

Those Slaine's......

Perfection.

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Fatboydale on 21 February, 2014, 10:14:25 PM
Payment i don't like to think about it , since i really do need a new car and house ...

Just sell that Killing Joke page you got and bingo problem solved!

Great game (for me at least) is to look over those pages and decide if you could just have one, just one, which would it be. I found it surprisingly hard.

I'd love to see one of those McMahon Slaine's in the flesh. Just to see the inking close up.

judda fett

Love the McMahon Slaine pages there. What are their dimensions?

Call-Me-Kenneth

For many people (in my art college at least!!) amongst the very best art ever in 2000AD/comics.

Some ABC Warriors for y'all...

hippynumber1

Now you're just rubbing it in...

Fatboydale

Quote from: Call-Me-Kenneth on 22 February, 2014, 04:04:16 PM
For many people (in my art college at least!!) amongst the very best art ever in 2000AD/comics.

Some ABC Warriors for y'all...

Brilliant .....