Main Menu

Links to film reviews and reaction posts

Started by a chosen rider, 12 July, 2012, 11:37:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syne

Actually, I take that back.

I've started looking back through her other articles, and I think I'm in love. Each one reads like a dispatch from the country of the concussed.

Syne

Ok, I just gotta share these gems then I'll shut up.

From an article about a photography assignment:

QuoteThe other day, the Journal asked me about covering the SWAT team search and rescue training in town. It was during that week of training, the men would become certified SWAT members. It seemed like an interesting thing to cover; it was much different than sports or town festivals so I was eager to give it a shot.

From an article decrying baggy pants:

QuoteI look back at many 80s films (mostly Sylvester Stallone flicks) where the hero is wearing pants properly. They are pulled all the way up, secured with a belt, and the underwear is left to the imagination. A wonderful example would be the movies "Cobra" and "Over The Top" where Sylvester Stallone demonstrates the perfect way of wearing pants.

And the opening sentence of an article on, well, best left to the imagination:

QuoteWhen I woke up Saturday morning, I never expected that I would have become a man by the end of the night.

TordelBack

Hootin' heck, who knew Roger had a blog?

Frank

Quote from: Syne on 15 July, 2012, 04:53:02 PM
QuoteI look back at many 80s films (mostly Sylvester Stallone flicks) where the hero is wearing pants properly. They are pulled all the way up, secured with a belt, and the underwear is left to the imagination. A wonderful example would be the movies "Cobra" and "Over The Top" where Sylvester Stallone demonstrates the perfect way of wearing pants.

Four comedy writers and Steve Coogan locked themselves in a room for weeks brainstorming just a few episodes of I'm Alan Partridge. If they ever took a look at this genius's blog entries, they'd feel like Salieri watching Mozart casually tossing out pefectly honed compositions at will.

I, Cosh

So are these all reviews of the same film you're posting?
We never really die.

Mark Taylor

Quote from: SuperSurfer on 15 July, 2012, 04:27:05 PM
Quote from: Durendal on 15 July, 2012, 12:45:25 AM
Prepare your minds for this retarded shit
http://www.barrowjournal.com/archives/6977-BROWN-Seriously-Hollywood.html
"But what do I know?"
Er – nothing.

What I told her:
Why do you consider Dredd a remake of Judge Dredd?
Is every James Bond movie a remake?

I just tried to add a second comment to that article, resulting in the message:

+Warning: This comment needs approval before it will be displayed+

Quite amusing, considering that definitely didn't happen the first time I added a comment. I guess the folks at the "Barrow Journal" are unused to people questioning their infinite wisdom.

JOE SOAP

I think they got the message in all fairness. It was becoming a bully-fest.

Syne

It's a cutesy filler column attached to a small town newspaper, the critical equivalent of a Care Bear with a crayon. Not really worth responding to with such vitriol.

PreacherCain

Quote from: Syne on 16 July, 2012, 01:47:31 AM
It's a cutesy filler column attached to a small town newspaper, the critical equivalent of a Care Bear with a crayon. Not really worth responding to with such vitriol.

Exactly. The ugly side of fandom.

CYCLOPZ

This 'young lady' took it upon herself to criticize this film for being a reboot; despite the fact that the most cursory of research would have revealed this not to be the case.

In doing so, she has made herself appear foolish, and has done the same to this publication. And you suggest that she should not be criticized because... why?

That's a bit Harsh, :lol:  comedy gold.

You're gonna make that poor girl cry...

Mark Taylor

Quote from: CYCLOPZ on 16 July, 2012, 02:56:11 AM
This 'young lady' took it upon herself to criticize this film for being a reboot; despite the fact that the most cursory of research would have revealed this not to be the case.

In doing so, she has made herself appear foolish, and has done the same to this publication. And you suggest that she should not be criticized because... why?

That's a bit Harsh, :lol:  comedy gold.

You're gonna make that poor girl cry...

That wasn't mine. I always use my name. Also to be fair I don't think my particular comments were particularly harsh or vitriolic. In my second post (which they have not published) I made basically the same point as the above, only stating it (IMO) in a less cutting way. The fact that they chose to publish the harsher version of that point over mine implies that they want to make us look as bad as possible.

CraveNoir

HunterZolomon

darnmarr

Dark Judges for a sequel? Booo! Hisss!
-I am so disappointed with you Ms. Thirlby!-  I don't think I'll marry you after all!