Main Menu

3A Toys/Rebellion Press Release

Started by Robo-K33F, 16 November, 2009, 01:20:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dreddzilla

Quote from: Atreides on 12 July, 2015, 10:10:04 AM
Quote from: Mr 9.8 on 12 July, 2015, 09:53:08 AM
Quote from: judda fett on 12 July, 2015, 09:24:18 AM
There's probably articulation on the actual base figure under the boot, and if the boots are 'soft' or rubber the articulation should work fine for the ankles. Just a guess.
Hope it's not rubber, it's known to degrade quite quickly to varying degrees over time.

I think its just a whole boot, sadly. Possible that they do the same as death and only the front part of the boot is able to turn up or down.
I could live with that.

Leigh S

I know their business model makes sense for them, but GOD DAMN I WANT A GRONK!!!!!!

Mikey

Latest news is they'll be for sale 'this week's. No idea if that means a mad scramble or easy sale or if they'll be somehow different from the con exclusives.

Regarding ankle articulation, I suspect there may be a bit of movement in them. I'd say Death would have a bit more than Dredd by the look of things as the boot is going to limit it whatever they use - they have moved to using 'pleather' on a lot of the 1/6 releases which helps,but dunno if they've used it on 1/12. Can't see the boots being rubber. Fwiw the other 1/12 humans are pretty posable even with hard plastic (short) boots.

M
To tell the truth, you can all get screwed.

Leigh S

Hope I get oone - I dont like the mad rush to get a limited number of things, but bow to their strategy - If that the only way to get these things there, then so be it.  I'll be a bit aggrieved if I cant get a gronk to go with the Alpha and any other Stronty figs that come out - cant afford them all, but happy to stretch to Stront ones, if I can guarantee actually getting them!

Atreides

ThreeA just announced on their facebook;

"The great post-SDCC sale:
This friday the 17th from 9-00am 24 HOURS ONLY
24" RED HAIR BAMBI
3AGO ZVR WARBOT AND ZOMB SET
1/6TH SF ZOMBOT
All have differences to SDCC versions, packaging and toy!
"

no gronk or Judge Fish in that list....  :'(
I must not Fear. Fear is the mind-killer
Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration
I will face my Fear
I will permit it to pass over me and through me
And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path
Where the Fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

shaolin_monkey

At a push I could probably build my own Judge Fish (Mitch Greer gave me a basic run-down of how he built his), but goddamit I gotta have a Gronk!  He's my favourite alien from all aliens ever to appear in 2000AD.

James Stacey

Quote from: shaolin_monkey on 13 July, 2015, 09:28:44 AM
He's my favourite alien from all aliens ever to appear in 2000AD.
Don't let Tharg hear you say that.. He'll have a grump on.

BPP

Quote from: James Stacey on 13 July, 2015, 09:57:57 AM
Quote from: shaolin_monkey on 13 July, 2015, 09:28:44 AM
He's my favourite alien from all aliens ever to appear in 2000AD.
Don't let Tharg hear you say that.. He'll have a grump on.

It's his favourite glossy alien, Tharg is still his favourite Matt.
If I'd known it was harmless I would have killed it myself.

http://futureshockd.wordpress.com/

http://twitter.com/#!/FutureShockd

Mikey

Zing!

I wouldn't be surprised if they forgot to add the 2000ad stuff to the list, or that they won't be for sale this Friday at all. Hopefully they will go up at some point in the future... there's been calls at times to support the figures - happy to if they put em up for sale and tell us when!

All part of the fun with 3a - patience and sometimes educated guesswork can be useful.

M
To tell the truth, you can all get screwed.

Pete Wells

A couple of updates, apparently Gronk and Fish will be on sale on Bambaland.com later this week. Also, Gregory from the Thrillcast said this today:

"Mmm to go over some stuff - 1/6th 2000AD are coming in 2016

Dredd, Death, Alpha, Anderson, and Rogue are the line up

1/12th Dredd - that's a prototype, some elements will change. Boots will have ankle articulation so he can sit proper on the Lawmaster
He comes with multiple hands - fists, open palm, gun holding
Weapons load out - Lawgiver Mk1, Mk2, and Daystick

1/12th Lawmaster - Will light up, just the gray proto. I'm thrilled with how great it turned out so we decided to show it off early

1/12th Hammerstein - Ash and I took some passes on the current design. It's coming together."

Extremely excited!

COMMANDO FORCES

Atreides

I must not Fear. Fear is the mind-killer
Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration
I will face my Fear
I will permit it to pass over me and through me
And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path
Where the Fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

Dreddzilla

Quote from: Pete Wells on 14 July, 2015, 07:08:43 AM

1/12th Dredd - that's a prototype, some elements will change. Boots will have ankle articulation so he can sit proper on the Lawmaster
He comes with multiple hands - fists, open palm, gun holding
Weapons load out - Lawgiver Mk1, Mk2, and Daystick

Extremely excited!
PRAISE THARG!!!  :D

Dandontdare

1/12th Hammerstein - Ash and I took some passes on the current design. It's coming together."

So ... Ro-Jaws only available as 1/6 and Hammerstein only available as 1/12 - What are these people trying to do to me???

inkymonkey

Quote from: Dandontdare on 14 July, 2015, 09:15:25 AM

So ... Ro-Jaws only available as 1/6 and Hammerstein only available as 1/12 - What are these people trying to do to me???

They're clearly trying to bankrupt us AND cause nervous breakdowns... which oddly I am okay with.