Main Menu

Judge Dredd Helmet ( New movie version )for sale on ebay...

Started by Sideshow Bob, 18 March, 2013, 05:58:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

smilersaltash

there's a guy called mrbaz100 who keeps putting 1:1 helmets on ebay uk (most recently buy it now for £82 + p&p. Feedback would suggest
I have been giving serious consideration to getting one, from his description it has more a display item than a costume piece, but would look pretty good alongside the Planet Replica pieces you have mentioned.

I have just checked, he has no items for sale at present, but relists quite often.

COMMANDO FORCES

I'm buying mine very soon. It's cast from a screen used lid and looks excellent. I'm sending it to a lad in the Brit-Cit Judges group (which I'm a member of) and he's gonna finish it off for me, so all I have to do is put it on my bonce.
I can't wait  :D

smilersaltash

The mr baz offering has no liner so will require a bit of work. Any ideas what to do to get it wearable ?

Initially I thought about an army surplus helmet liner, with the chin strap removed and some polystyrene to pack it out, but after looking at the Planet Replicas version decided there would not be room for my head.

Sideshow Bob

Hi all,
If the helmet you are considering buying has no interior lining, try getting hold of an old motorcycle helmet....The interior padding / foam is usually fairly easy to take out and with a bit of judicious trimming and sticking with contact adhesive you should be able to sort it out.....Maybe someone on this forum has an old motorcycle lid they no longer want....Worth a try anyway....

As for me, I managed to get the prop replica helmet that was on eBay from Mad-Law-Creations, for £230....A lot more than I wanted to pay, I kind of got caught up in the excitement of it all.....Now waiting for it to arrive... Will stick some photos up when it arrives and give a 'un-biased' report of what it's like..
Cheers,
Bob
" This is absolutely NO PLACE for a lover of Food, Fine Wine and the Librettos of RODGERS and HAMMERSTEIN "......Devlin Waugh.

My Comic Art Fans Gallery :  http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryDetail.asp?GCat=91890

smilersaltash

Thanks for the tip.

Was interested in Mad Law creations shoulder eagle from the new film, again from ebay (don't know if it's licenced). The price has started to creep up as it approaches the finish, so will probably be priced out.
He also did JD badge, again from the new film a while back which was the best I have seen yet.

Would like to see photos when you get it.

Sideshow Bob

Hi all,( and Smilersaltash )
Have you seen the Dredd badges from Planet Replicas.....Really good quality, fairly heavy, gold painted and engraved with any name you want for about £60...
Got one last year for my brother with 'McGregor' on it...Looks really cool, and is about the best quality I've seen. ( so far )..
Will definitely post pictures of helmet when it arrives..
Cheers,
Bob
....Hopefully managed to post a picture of the badge here...Site kept rejecting it as original was too large..
" This is absolutely NO PLACE for a lover of Food, Fine Wine and the Librettos of RODGERS and HAMMERSTEIN "......Devlin Waugh.

My Comic Art Fans Gallery :  http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryDetail.asp?GCat=91890

smilersaltash

Their badge is a really must have item, have not seen any which come even close to theirs. It is pretty close to the top of my list of what to get next - I just have to pick my moment carefully, as she who must be obeyed is starting to make comments about my shrine starting to expand, and spilling outside of my allocated space.
I don't see why it costs an extra £10 to have one with Dredd on though (unless thats something to do with licensing).

judge macbrayne

GO to the junkyard on the RPF,That,s where they sell the dredd stuff

smilersaltash

feel rather inadequate after looking through some of the projects those guys are working on

cracking lid btw

Teivion

Smilersaltash- Custom name badges are resin cast and painted, the Dredd badge is actual metal and gold plated, it weighs a ton  ;-)
http://www.shoogleit.com/1788-0_Judge-Dredd-Full-Size-Metal-Badge-Replica

Its good to see people now realising that the Planet Replicas helmets are actually well priced considering they are out-of-the-box wearable, and properly boxed AND licensed- so some of that money goes to Rebellion/ 2000 AD as well, so its a win-win situation.

Its a shame there isnt a license for the movie stuff. A very bad move by those involved. You only have to look at the prices being charged for recasts of the Prop Store stuff, and fan made things ( currently $200 for a raw cast of a fan made LG, for instance) -which are pretty inaccurate - to see the market that could have been reached and promoted to.

smilersaltash

Thanks for the explanation Teivion - if you're on commision, you just got a sale.

smilersaltash

Mr Baz helmet arrived and is awesome. Will take some pics at weekend. Have decided will be for display only, so will not be adding to interior.
Am going to have to be a little careful as my Dredd shrine is starting to spill out of the allocated zone.

Sideshow Bob

Glad your helmet has arrived Smilersaltash and you are pleased with it ..... :D
Looking forward to seeing photos of it on here when you get the time.....And with loads of people who are interested in a Helmet at a 'reasonable' price Mr Baz may get himself a few customers.....Don't know if he's licensced or not though.....I think Mad Law Creations may be 'getting away with it' as it's a Movie Prop Replica but don't know enough about licenscing to make comment....

Still  ( expletive deleted ) !!!  waiting for mine from Mad-Law-Creations.....Thats' been about 3+ weeks now, although they did say each Helmet was made to order and 'hand-finished' so I suppose another couple of weeks won't be a problem as it's not for me anyway...My brothers' birthday is in July so plenty of time yet..
Will also posts pics of it here when it does arrive...Just hate waiting !!

Also really looking forward to see Commando Forces new lid as well...

COMMANDO FORCES

Mine is coming in the next few weeks :D

It was made by a prop maker who bought the damaged lid from the Dredd auction. All the American Dredd fans are desperate to get one of these, they are that good.
It's been sent to another prop maker who is finishing it off. That's painting it, with damage that the customer requires, visor fitting and I've asked for the padding to be fitted as well.
All this at an unbelievable price. I'm also thinking of having another one done but with a Brit-Cit Lion variation, as like many are thinking in the group.

Sideshow Bob

Sounds really good CF, and looking forward to seeing photos of it on here in a few weeks .....

You mention at a 'really good' price....Care to give us a general idea ???..
Mine is / was £230.......Too dear ( I know ) but slightly cheaper than the Planet Replicas 'original' ones...Planet Replica are changing to Resin ones now from the original fibreglass.....Mine is a present and I made some cash from sale of some B/W  artwork earlier this year....
I think from what he implied Smilersaltashs' one is about £90...

Is it a market thats likely to available to anyone or is it a one off 'special edition' for yourself ??