Main Menu

Forthcoming Thrills - 2022

Started by Dash Decent, 20 July, 2021, 01:13:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dash Decent

They're saving the Morrison-Millar Collection for the 50th Anniversary.
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

CalHab

If we don't get Red Razors in a hardbound, slipcase edition then wtf is the point in any of this?

broodblik

The MM collection maybe it is better waiting for the 100th birthday bash. We want to folk in the future to know how we felt in the 90s
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

IndigoPrime

Perhaps best suited for the 666th anniversary.

broodblik

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

TruthWarr

£15.00 extra for an A2 poster? A bit harsh.

Link Prime

Quote from: Colin YNWA on 26 October, 2021, 06:24:09 AM
Quote from: broodblik on 26 October, 2021, 04:31:14 AM
What is coming to the prog and meg early next year (and people wondered what[spoiler] Henry Flint[/spoiler] was doing):

Absolutely fascinating that its in the floppies - Tharg really is experimenting. I guess (???) its a bit like the way that's been used to prelaunch the Encyclopedia?

Strange one alright.

Think I'll wait for the collected version of the Ennis / Flint strip, that Meg line-up isn't too enticing, and I can honestly say I am shocked by how much I haven't missed reading it for the past 4 months or so.

broodblik

Anyone interested in Finn, from Pat Mills twitter:

I think Rebellion told me Finn will be next year. We'll see. But is odd that it's taken so long and I'm not convinced by the reasons

O Lucky Stevie!

Quote from: broodblik on 01 November, 2021, 05:47:21 AM
Anyone interested in Finn, from Pat Mills twitter:

I think Rebellion told me Finn will be next year. We'll see. But is odd that it's taken so long and I'm not convinced by the reasons

I'd much rather the next collection of Third World War. Volume Two stopped just short of the Inspector Ryan story arc, which are some of the best episodes of the entire series. John Hicklenton art too. Followed by Glyn Dillion & Steve Pugh.
"We'll send all these nasty words to Aunt Jane. Don't you think that would be fun?"

IndigoPrime

Finn will be in the Hachette collection. It's odd how Mills seems to feel like it's a personal slight when some of his work isn't collected. I can't think of another 2000 AD writer whose output has been collected to the same degree by Rebellion.

As for Finn, I know it has its fans, but I have too many problems with the strip to want to revisit it.

davidbishop

Having glanced at Pat's memoir in a comic shop once, apparently his theory is that I cancelled Finn due to my anti-pagan agenda.

In reality I cancelled Finn because it was mediocre, at best.

But, you know, each to their own.

CalHab

All I know is that I've never seen you dancing naked atop Calton Hill at Beltane, which I think speaks volumes.

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: davidbishop on 01 November, 2021, 02:26:26 PM
Having glanced at Pat's memoir in a comic shop once, apparently his theory is that I cancelled Finn due to my anti-pagan agenda.

In reality I cancelled Finn because it was mediocre, at best.

But, you know, each to their own.

I have to admit, I really love these little nuggets of behind-the-scenes gossip.  Think it's the small-town Irish busybody in me.

And yeah, Finn wasn't bad, but it wasn't amazing either.  Great concept but the stories never quite matched it - too much mucking around on space ships and exposition ('I'm quite into evil, actually') and not enough down-to-earth folk horror.

Quote from: CalHab on 01 November, 2021, 02:32:25 PM
All I know is that I've never seen you dancing naked atop Calton Hill at Beltane, which I think speaks volumes.

:lol:
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

IndigoPrime

Quote from: JayzusB.Christ on 01 November, 2021, 02:33:15 PMAnd yeah, Finn wasn't bad, but it wasn't amazing either.  Great concept but the stories never quite matched it - too much mucking around on space ships and exposition
All the Ickeish stuff in there felt weird at the time but feels deeply off now. But, as David said, to each their own. Some people still like it, I suppose. To my mind, it's a long way down the list of Mills strips.

O Lucky Stevie!

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 01 November, 2021, 03:41:09 PM
All the Ickeish stuff in there felt weird at the time but feels deeply off now. But, as David said, to each their own. Some people still like it, I suppose. To my mind, it's a long way down the list of Mills strips.

Right down there with Pat's work on Ivor Lott & Tony Broke, which this squaxx loathed as a sprog. Stevie found it conspiracy theory by the numbers. The Mason-baiting was a pale shadow of the Cythron cosmology in Slaine. Paul wasn't the most sympathetic character in Third World War, but as Finn he was pure teenage boy rock star fantasy.
"We'll send all these nasty words to Aunt Jane. Don't you think that would be fun?"