Main Menu

2000 AD - The Ultimate Collection

Started by Molch-R, 27 February, 2017, 06:03:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arkady

I didn't think that the ending of the recent Kingdom story felt *that* final. And given the background to the novel (Fiefdom) I'm guessing Gene gets to Europe eventually

Molcher's essay in the back of Vol.2 is absolutely superb.

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Arkady on 22 December, 2018, 07:47:41 PM
I didn't think that the ending of the recent Kingdom story felt *that* final. And given the background to the novel (Fiefdom) I'm guessing Gene gets to Europe eventually

Okay so I'll acknowledge I'm going to be derailing but its interesting as I think the ending of the latest Kingdom does link to 'Fiefdom' as in that Gene has passed into legend, which that end certainly implies and the book clearly states.

Either way we'll see down the line - I'd be very happy to be wrong in my guess that, that's that. Mind the fact no one has said either way might mean its been left open and no one knows for sure???

rs_jr

will the slaine books take us up to and include the brutania chronicles?

Any benefit of picking up the ABC warriors books instead of the mek files?

sintec

Quote from: rs_jr on 23 December, 2018, 06:20:51 AM
will the slaine books take us up to and include the brutania chronicles?

Yes i believe so.

Quote from: rs_jr on 23 December, 2018, 06:20:51 AM
Any benefit of picking up the ABC warriors books instead of the mek files?

SMS retouched quite a bit of his art for The Black Hole so this is a slightly different edition to the Mek Files.

sintec

Update to the graph showing the number of stories from each prog that have made it into the collections so far.  Includes everything up the 2 most recent issues (Ace Trucking Co Vol 2 and Nikolai Dante Vol 4).

Worth noting we now have 3 more 5 story progs, 288, 292, and 293.  That's thanks to the 2nd volumes of Ace Trucking Co and Robo-hunter.

Jade Falcon

Well I opened my still sealed copy of Nikolai Dante last night. The first four or five pages have the corners torn of them at the bottom. Totally unacceptable.
When the truth offends, we lie and lie until we can no longer remember it is even there, but it is still there. Every lie we tell incurs a debt to the truth. Sooner or later, that debt is paid. That is how an RBMK reactor core explodes. Lies. - Valery Legasov

Mardroid

When I opened the latest Slaine volume it had a double-spread picture on the inside of the covers and first/last page in red ink of a bloke with a machine gun blazing away at what appeared to be a giant bug. I wondered for a bit if there was going  to be a time travel arc in the story, and the insectoid thing was actually an alien/demon, but I'm sure it's from one of the back-flash scenes in Kingdom. The bloke was human in a 20th century type suit, not an aux, but "GET OFF MY LAWN!" was a bit of a giveaway.

Doesn't bother me though, I have no intention of changing it. Tickles my sense of humour, actually. If the actual introductory/back-flash had been for a different book, then maybe I'd do something.

Jade Falcon

I'm not bothered about incorrect endpapers myself, but damaged books and the already mentioned Judge Dredd War in the streets one does
When the truth offends, we lie and lie until we can no longer remember it is even there, but it is still there. Every lie we tell incurs a debt to the truth. Sooner or later, that debt is paid. That is how an RBMK reactor core explodes. Lies. - Valery Legasov

Mardroid

Absolutely agree with that. I wasn't suggesting you were overreacting in your previous post. Just relating my own recent experience, which I found amusing.

athorist

I wasn't bothered about the wrong endpapers, but I asked for a replacement of whichever one had the spine image error (and belated one for Nemesis 3, cos the cover was on upside down)
You need light here even in the morning
Compared to this St Petersburg was nothing

The Fall - No Bulbs

Jade Falcon

Does anyone know if the collection will feature Jaegir or should I just buy the available graphic novel.

IndigoPrime

Jaegir hasn't been formally confirmed, IIRC.

athorist

If Jaegir's going to be in the collection, then there's already about 80 pages that aren't collected in the book, and it's nearly 2 years away. So I'd say get it now.
You need light here even in the morning
Compared to this St Petersburg was nothing

The Fall - No Bulbs

Goronwy

Has there been any indication anywhere about when the 4th Nemesis volume might make an appearance in the Ultimate Collection? Seems like ages since the first 3 came out.

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: Goronwy on 05 January, 2019, 06:20:09 PM
Has there been any indication anywhere about when the 4th Nemesis volume might make an appearance in the Ultimate Collection? Seems like ages since the first 3 came out.

[spoiler]March 27th.[/spoiler]
@jamesfeistdraws