Main Menu

2000AD Graphic Novels Questions

Started by The Bissler, 22 February, 2014, 11:45:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Bissler

I've been absent from the forum for a little while now so haven't been keeping up to date with news.  I was wondering if someone could help me out with a few queries:

1) ABC Warriors Mek Files 1: I had been thinking of trying to pick up all of the old ABC Warriors graphic novels but then spotted this.  I'm assuming that this is going to be the first of an ABC Warriors equivalent to JD's. Complete Case Files, am I right to do so?

2) Judge Dredd Day of Chaos Fallout: Is it the case that Rebellion are going to reprint all current JD stories in these type of graphic novels?  While I know it has nothing to do with the Complete Case Files, are these graphic novels essentially the same thing so people can read them instead of waiting a decade or so for the Case Files to catch up?

3) Slaine Lord of the Beasts: I've got Slaine graphic novels 1 - 8 (Warrior's Dawn to The Grail War).  Is this the next in the series or have I missed any?

Judge Brian

Lord of beasts is Slaine book 9 & the last before Books of Invasion.

the Day of Chaos: Fallout trade doesn't have everything right after Day of Chaos, so it's not like a Case File.

The Bissler

Thanks Judge Brian, that's a great help!  Cheers!

The Bissler

Sorry, just a follow up question about Slaine: if Lord of Beasts covers up to Books of Invasion does this mean that the Books of Invasion are going to get a reprint in paperback form to fit in with the rest of the collection up until now?  I'm hoping this will be the case as I like all my volumes to got together on my shelves, but if not, I'd better get a shift on ordering the hardbacks...

I've spotted on another thread that the ABC Warriors is indeed getting the Case Files type treatment in Hardback which is excellent news!  :D

vark

Quote from: The Bissler on 22 February, 2014, 11:45:03 AM
I've been absent from the forum for a little while now so haven't been keeping up to date with news.  I was wondering if someone could help me out with a few queries:

1) ABC Warriors Mek Files 1: I had been thinking of trying to pick up all of the old ABC Warriors graphic novels but then spotted this.  I'm assuming that this is going to be the first of an ABC Warriors equivalent to JD's. Complete Case Files, am I right to do so?

Nope, I think the regular numbered softcovers are the equivalent to CCF. This new collection will be an Hardcover collection. Although it will probably be a 'complete' collection too.

IndigoPrime

The ABC Warriors hardbacks are essentially two paperbacks combined into a single volume, so they're 'complete' in the sense the original paperbacks were. In that sense, they're also analogous to Dredd in compiling the main strip but I've no idea if they are including extras (most of which have just been compiled in the Solo Missions trade).

Recrewt

Some of what is being asked here has been covered in the forthcoming thrills thread.  There is even a breakdown of which stories are included in the Dredd book.  These modern collections are becoming the norm but they are slightly different to the case files in that they tend to centre around a particular event e.g. DoC and do not necessarily include every story in order.

The ABC book does look nice and I'm definitely going to be picking this up when it comes out.  I am sure that I read somewhere that the new books will include the odd-colour spreads that they used to do in the early strips but perhaps I am just making this up!  :-\

Robo-K33F

Quote from: Recrewt on 26 February, 2014, 11:35:00 AM
The ABC book does look nice and I'm definitely going to be picking this up when it comes out.  I am sure that I read somewhere that the new books will include the odd-colour spreads that they used to do in the early strips but perhaps I am just making this up!  :-\

Correct.

Alski

If you want to win a free graphic novel, please cast your vote in this month's short story comp!

http://forums.2000adonline.com/index.php/topic,40150.0.html
"Cool Stuff You Will Like"

Music, Comics, Books, Video Games, TV and Film reviews/articles.

http://cool-stuff-you-will-like.blogspot.co.uk/

AlexF

QuoteSorry, just a follow up question about Slaine: if Lord of Beasts covers up to Books of Invasion does this mean that the Books of Invasion are going to get a reprint in paperback form to fit in with the rest of the collection up until now?  I'm hoping this will be the case as I like all my volumes to got together on my shelves, but if not, I'd better get a shift on ordering the hardbacks...

I'm wondering this myself for exactly the same reasons. I know Book 1 of 'Invasions' has already been reprinted in paperback, 'cos I've got one on my shelf, but I haven't discerned when/if books 2 + 3 + 'the wanderer' will get the same treatment. I sure hope so! Quite apart from anything else, I find the paperbacks easier to read.

The Bissler

Agreed AlexF, I feel that paperbacks are easier to read as well! 

I think hardbacks are lovely from an aesthetic point of view but when you've invested in a collection of paperbacks you want the rest to match.

What say you 2000AD?