Main Menu

2003- the future is here!!!

Started by Matt Timson, 02 January, 2003, 01:09:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matt Timson

Yeah?  Well I feel cheated.  Back in the seventies (when I was a mere young pup), I was promised all sorts of technological advancements.

Where's my f*cking rocket belt?  Food pills?  We don't even have a "Moonbase Alpha"- never mind a working death ray laser pistol.

We've all been conned...
Pffft...

seeneester

Well we've all got ours up here on Alpha, your's must have been lost in the post.

Bolt-01

McNulty

"I want my flying car."

Oh you pretty Chitty Bang Bang, pretty Chitty Bang Bang, we love you...

Link: http://www.users.totalise.co.uk/~rjamieson/Cal-Hab/index.html" target="_blank">The A-Z of Cal-Hab

Quirkafleeg

Personal jet pack, that's what I want. Actually we were kind of promised this a couple of years ago... then it turned out that the top-secret new 'personal transportation system' the bloke had been working on for years, and had strongly hinted would fly, turned out to the a totally crap upright C5 with two wheels thing.

The world (bar the internet) is crap I want my future back!

Queen Firey-Bou

well ive got this gadget that no matter where any one is in the world i can see what theyre up to , contact them, buy stuff from a million miles away, I can even ACTuallY meet other 2000ad fans ! can you believe that ?
i also hear that they can watch you from space, grow mice with human ears & clone babies.

okay so it ain;t what we expected but its 2003 goddamn it, & I still ain't got the hang of digital watches.

Art

I want my future back!

You have to wonder if the future turning out to be a bit crap is the reason that alternate history stories are becoming so popular with SF writers.

Slippery PD

Well how can the future be that bad.  

"Its bright and its orange (tm)"

Yer slippo

Art

The futures so bright...http://www.mixed-up.com/photographs/artists/timbuk3.jpg">

judge dreddd

mobile phones, now with picture sending messaging... computer power better than zx80....unleaded fuel... cheap air travel...booming economy ( what happened to all those unemployed days playing elite we were promised ! )... satellite tv.... cult of the celeb... dna analysis... sheep cloning...

The Monarch

hmm and still no sign of the ultimate in lazymans technology the teleporter

Trout

I just want the heated U-fronts, as seen in Judge Dredd.

But without the setting-fire-to-your-knob aspect, of course.

- Trout

Quirkafleeg

"Booming economy"

What with stock market collapsing and a debt fuelled consumer/housing boom... hmm didn?t we have that just before the last recession

"heated U-fronts"

Get a lap top... but be careful er 'loin' burns due to too hot laptops have been reported in the Lancet

judge dreddd

booming economy, now now, we dont want anyone who is old enough ( like me and most of you lot ) to walk around saying 'last time it all went wrong', no no, we want lots of smiley happy people flying in the face of reality and borrowing 4.5 times earnings and getting caught....

if we all get redundant we will have to sit around playing judge dredd on ps2 ALL DAY
now wouldn't that be a pity....

SovietSam

I want one of those helicopter cars. But i have to wait 3 years. I bet all the rich people have them. Lets revolt against people with a mansion (including the queen. She'll have 3!) and steal the copter-cars!

By the way my names not Sam its Kris(tian)