Main Menu

Prog 2004

Started by Matt Timson, 15 December, 2003, 02:52:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matt Timson

Brilliant- really enjoyed it- especially the alien invasion one pagers.

A return to form?
Pffft...

Trout

I am moved to song.

Mr Postman, look and see

If there's a prog in your bag for me

I've been waiting such a long time

For something decent in that prog of mine!

Please, please, please... be there when I get home...

- Trout

SmallBlueThing

Yeah, I just wanted to be among the first to say:

WOO-HOO! We've seen the back of the 'slimline' page format! The last remnants of the old regime have been swept away! Big, fat 2000ad a-go-go! This is as it should be. Thank you, Thargy-baby, for putting aesthetics before any potential American repackaging concerns.

Haven't had a chance to read it yet though. Or the Meg. All I can say is a quick flick through reveals it to be at least 200,000% more thrill-powered than the last few weeks.

Splundig Vur Ho-Ho-Ho.

Steev

Mr C

Damn subscription jockeys! I'll have to wait until wedneday for my triple thrill injection!

ukdane

My sub didn't arrive today, BUT I guess that's because it contans a fat old Prog 2004 and an equally fat and excellent Meg 214. So I expect a slight delay (one day.... ...purleaze)
Cheers

-Daney

Jared Katooie

This thread contains spoilers and phrases of a descriptive nature.

damnandblast

Here I am, at home sick for the first time this year and desperately in need of Tharg's patented flu remedy, and does the postie turn up? Does he 'eck as like.

Fledgling turnip poo.

Nigel

DavidXBrunt

However my day off work sick has been truly brightened by the Christmas Mega-Prog. Hurrah and Huzzah!

Spoilers follow -

Dredd - Solid story made memorable by some lovely art work.

Red Seas - All that was enjoyable about the last series in a fine opening installment. I'm not best keen on the word 'romp' but it describes this well.

Monsters of Rock - Heh heh heh.

Slaine - More of the same as the last time we saw him but at least the arts a lot clearer. I'll probably need to reread this before the next part. Last panel rivals Durham Red though...

Sinister Dexter - I know I'll get a pasting for this but I really enjoyed this. Laughed out loud several times and have a silly smile on my face as I think about it. Great illos too.

Cabalistics - As ever the plot moves on apace. More and more revalations and changes. There's no such thing as status quo in this strip. Which is great, obviously.

Robo-Hunter - Very funny. Stogie in the hood made me laugh. The art is by Gibson and is therefore perfect.

The V.C.'s - After the cliff-hanger ending of the last series the V.C.'s are in dire straits and the series looks all the stronger for it. Should make for an interesting third series.

Nikolai Dante - Possibly the highlight of the prog. Old faces return, Dante gets a crew and things move on. The adventures of Nikolai Dante look set to build up speed again after a slow couple of years. Looking forwards to the return.

Sundry goodies - Both star scans look great, and the text of Shako made me laugh. The Flint pages were an improvement on the last one. I'd love to see more of these in the weekly.

Christmas Prog - After last years slightly dissapointing end of year prog and a less that superb recent run I'd say things are looking up. There's not a single strip in the next line up that I'm not looking forwards to and it's not often you can say that.

Prog 2004 overall rating - ZARJAZ!!!

judge dreddd

ukdane

DXB: See, just past midday, and you've read it already. What are you going to do for Thrill power for the next 3 weeks now then, eh?
Cheers

-Daney

DavidXBrunt

Granada Men and Motors.

Oddboy

I've had the day off work today - and the postie only delivers it to me at 2 o'clock!  Gah! I'd almost given up hope!

Off to read it now.
Better set your phaser to stun.

Agrivar

Just started reading.

Woo Hoo - Xmas starts here.

Dredd story is good solid enjoyable fare and the art is bloody stunning. Will say more when I've read more.

madgirl

Have to agree with everything every one is saying. Don't wait till wednesday's you lot get your self a subscription NOW! A real return to form. Well done all the droids at Rebellion.

Have just started the Megazine. Can anyone tell me what John was on when he wrote that?

BlackThrash

well, I do subscribe and I still don't get mine till Wednesdays...must be the postman reading it