Main Menu

Hello all

Started by Arachnid, 14 May, 2009, 12:55:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arachnid

I started reading 2000AD as a teenager in the mid-90s, which was probably not the best time period to have become fannish about it, given that comments when spotted reading it at school tended to be along the lines of "I've seen that film, it's rubbish." I sort of drifted away at university, given that a) I had no money, and b) I was living in the smallest room in the halls, in which I could have swung a very small and tolerant kitten provided it was wearing some kind of protective headgear, and had no room for my progs.

So, a couple of years ago, a bloke in my gaming group mentioned that he was getting rid of several boxes of old progs. At that point, I was a graduate student and still penniless, and leapt at the chance of free comics. Reading through those (Prog 3 to Prog 400 with some gaps, then some intermittent issues in the 600s and 700s) , led me to the conclusion that I really ought to get back in. I recovered my back progs from my parents' garage, and started buying the new progs again, starting with Prog 2005. After a particularly nasty bout of lurgey last month left me sick, miserable and missing the conclusion to Low Life, I decided to subscribe.

So, er... here I am.

Peter Wolf

Good Morning !

Life doesnt get much better than being given progs 3 to 400 for free does it ?
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

Something Fishy

Richmond Clements

Arachnid

Quote from: "peterwolf"Life doesnt get much better than being given progs 3 to 400 for free does it ?

It really doesn't. Especially not when you're getting a pile of 2000AD and Starlord annuals for free as well.

Bouwel

Hello there :)

-Bouwel-
-A person's mind can be changed by reading information on the internet. The nature of this change will be from having no opinion to having a wrong opinion-

Dandontdare

vzzbux

Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

Paul faplad Finch

Oooh you jammy bar steward.

Good to have you on board though
It doesn't mean that round my way
Pessimism is Realism - Optimism is Insanity
The Impossible Quest
Musings Of A Nobody
Stuff I've Read

Kerrin

Devons Daddy

WELCOME
its great here,

post as often as you feel you need too, but be aware it can be slighty additive, some here some to be posting all the time.
personally i dont have a problem i can stop anytime i wish.
the post counter thing seems to be incorrect. so just ignore the one next to my icon.
I AM VERY BUSY!
PJ Maybe and I use the same dictionary, live with it.

NO 2000ad no life!

Kev Levell

Hello and welcome to the bestest place on the webbery.