Main Menu

Prog 2197 - Saints & Sinners

Started by NapalmKev, 29 August, 2020, 08:55:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

norton canes

Basically I just have to say what an unalloyed pleasure it is to have, in Williams, Abnett, Rennie and Kek-W, four of the GGC's greatest current wave of writers in the same prog, simultaneously pumping The Might One's organ for every last drop of thrill power.

norton canes

And that cover really works for me. Line work maybe, but the black/pink/purple combo makes it super pop.

(Actually the only thing that bugs me is that the zombie priest's cassock should be seen through the windshield...)

DrJomster

I love Dom Reardon's artwork. Sometimes I look at it and think, with practice, maybe I could manage something in that direction... but I bet line work like that, the heavy shading technique that he does so well, that all requires real talent to get right. *potters off to practice some more*
The hippo has wisdom, respect the hippo.

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: DrJomster on 04 September, 2020, 10:18:38 PM
I love Dom Reardon's artwork. Sometimes I look at it and think, with practice, maybe I could manage something in that direction... but I bet line work like that, the heavy shading technique that he does so well, that all requires real talent to get right. *potters off to practice some more*

Antonio Fuso seems to have had similar ideas... keep at it though; the more Dom-Reardon-style artists in the world, the better.

This was my favourite Diaboliks yet, and I love this new Keith Richards type character.  Also read the Threeriller (or whatever) and loved the characters too - Kek does great old-timey people.  Not quite sure about the [spoiler]switch in location[/spoiler]; i was rather hoping for an adventure in the streets of Victorian London.

Oh, and Boo's female Sov judge is just outstanding.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Colin YNWA

Nothing bridging about this this one.

Love the cover. There's something about the way the shapes sit on the page that is just fantastic. in some ways like the John Burns cover a couple of weeks ago, kinda three section / strips to the art... well I get it , makes sense in my head.

Anyway inside Dredd has one of its good episodes as we burst into the final act of this story and the tension is built and Dredd.. well turns. Interesting.

Nice random Star Scan.

The Out - well its just magnificent isn't it, just magnificent. If last weeks struggle to to come to terms with a new body was emotional, this Prog's revelations - off powerful insights into Cyd and make me want to go back and read the whole thing again as Dabnett and Mark Harrison suggested in their recent and excellent Thrillcast. Christ adding this strip to Lawless and Brink Dabnett really is something else at the moment.

Fantastic Future Shock. I mean everything is better with Might Yeowell art but this was a really fun one off. Sharply told, really enjoyed it.

3rillers - Saphir - BAM no messaging about here, quick intro to a murder myserty, into another dimension, chop some heads, bring on the troglodyte beasties and out. Left me dizzy but excited for more. And looked wonderful

Diaboliks - does similar. Quick intro and then we're introduced to an entirely interesting character in Jake Pazuzu. Quick fizzy world tour of danger and intrigue. Throw yourself out the window and run to the 'safety' of Solomon Ravne. And Out. Left me dizzy and excited for more. And looked wonderful.

If this is what cramming things in before the next jumping on Prog looks like count me in! Oh and we get Sinister Dexter back next time.