Main Menu

The Political Thread

Started by The Legendary Shark, 09 April, 2010, 03:59:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Professor Bear

Trust me, TB, you do not need to lecture a man who draws comics about doing something for love rather than actual money - but the only people who get into a job where everyone hates them for the love of the job alone are professional wrestlers who play heels, and even then sooner or later they get to play a babyface.  Cameron does not get to play the good guy, ipso fatso he is in it for the money.

Quote from: JTurner on 18 October, 2012, 02:05:47 PMExcept that thinking "how will what I do next affect the long term economic and political health of Britain as a whole?" is Cameron and Clegg's bloody job.

This is naive.
Someone pays you 5 pounds to do something and someone else offers 10 pounds to do something else, which do you take and who do you work for?  Now change "5 pounds" to "a civil servant's wage" and "10 pounds" to "consultancy fee" and you get the idea.  Cameron does not work for you or me or any other British subject, he works for the people who give his party money and will pay him fat consultancy fees when he leaves number 10 in a year or two, and his job is to think of ways to obfuscate this as best he can, not to make our lives better.  He does not do that job for the good of his health or to make friends with poor people, he does it to make money and we all know that yet still expect him to act contrary to his best interests and I am suggesting this might be unreasonable on our part.
Okay, yes, he is dismantling health services and will profit from the murder of the sick and vulnerable, but what did we expect, really?  Did anyone, anywhere really think "Oh good, David Cameron is running things, now things will be better?"  Things are getting worse just like we knew they would, yet still we kvetch like we expected otherwise.

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Professah Byah on 18 October, 2012, 02:40:04 PM
Did anyone, anywhere really think "Oh good, David Cameron is running things, now things will be better?" 

Commando Forces, apparently.
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

TordelBack

Quote from: Professah Byah on 18 October, 2012, 02:40:04 PM
Trust me, TB, you do not need to lecture a man who draws comics about doing something for love rather than actual money - but the only people who get into a job where everyone hates them for the love of the job alone are professional wrestlers who play heels...

Didn't mean to lecture, Prof, and certainly didn't mean to suggest Cameron (and ilk) was anything but well-dressed pond scum - merely trying to develop your point by contrasting actual people doing real jobs with those who consider themselves our betters, to whom an almost unimaginable living is apparently owed.

Gonk

No it don't.

Why are you having a pop at ole MacDonald , what about you're local boozery? I know it's an Englishman's right to enjoy a pint, but alcohol consumption turns our town centre to a no go zone at Friday and Saturday evenings.
coming at a cinema near you soon

COMMANDO FORCES

Considering I never never voted Conservative this time but Liberal, just to stop a Tory candidate getting in, in the town I would wish some people would get their facts correct. I, unlike the blind faithful who will always put a cross in the Labour box, can think for myself. To be so closed to any idea unless Labour come up with it is quite sad really.

Notice how I'm not using derogatory words to put this across. I wouldn't dream of saying someone who votes for another party is a c**t, bastard, evil, scum, etc... The use of the first word shows a contempt for woman and that you associate part of the female form with being the worst there is. My extreme left wing wife wonders how you lot can claim to be 'so for the people' but use that word.
I won't even mention using bastard and its connotations with single parent families and the way the conservatives supposedly treat them all. I suppose you'd walk up to a child that doesn't know its father and call it a bastard. At the very least can you use descriptive words that don't slight women or children but then again, that is the way of the left wing mind, or so it would seem.

Anyway, back on track. Your blind faith is disturbing to say the least. You probably kept voting for Labour even when you realised Blair wasn't quite what you thought. Why not vote for some other party and I don't mean the Torys but that would mean you become a traitor in your own eyes probably.

Looking through this fun thread is quite hilarious. The bile and hate comes from one corner and that is, well have a guess! You never want a reasoned debate, as god forbid you might ever agree with something that someone from the right says, you'd have a heart attack before you said that's good. It's always negative!

I am neither left or right but a bit of everything, so really I would be more Liberal. I have mentioned before certain things I would like for the country. Free travel on buses and trains for all eligible, free public sports centres, public run sectors run without the massive waste of money, etc... but because I'm hard on criminals and want controlled immigration (I'm sure you think controlled immigration means no foreigners) and such things then I am totally right wing  ::)

I am ready for the outpouring of bile and hate now :lol:

Richmond Clements

Why do you assume that everybody but you is a labour voter no matter what?

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: COMMANDO FORCES on 18 October, 2012, 03:16:11 PMConsidering I never never voted Conservative this time but Liberal, just to stop a Tory candidate getting in, in the town I would wish some people would get their facts correct.

I didn't say you voted Conservative. Honestly, I wish people would get their facts straight.

However, given that you actually said that anything which prevented a Labour government from ever being elected again would be a good thing, it's not unfair to assume that you would find a Tory government preferable to a Labour one, particularly given your Euro-sceptic leanings.

And, for what it's worth, I've voted for all three of the main parties in England in various elections over the last 25 years, plus a selection of independents in council elections. My bile for this particular shower of cunts springs from their self-evident contempt for the electorate. These people think they're better than us, they don't even think it's worth coming up with convincing lies to justify their contemptible smash and grab raid to hand our taxes to private enterprise whilst denying us the services we thought we'd be getting for our tax money...

COMMANDO FORCES

This is exactly it, I didn't. I said the 'blind faithful' that doesn't say everyone on here or the planet.

Just seen the next one by Jim. So the Labour Party never did this, or were not planning to do so if they got in, which they have admitted in some departments reference the cuts!

By the way, you used that word Jim ;)

Just so you know [spoiler]I put those little bits up because I know certain people will be drawn to the board and it gives me a warm glow inside to know that I can control your actions. Just like I did when you unspoilered this bit[/spoiler] ;) I reckon I should patent my skill, if that is possible.

Deep down I like this thread because no-one ever wants to kill anyone, except that evil lot of scum from the LEFT :lol:

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: COMMANDO FORCES on 18 October, 2012, 03:43:48 PM
Just seen the next one by Jim. So the Labour Party never did this, or were not planning to do so if they got in, which they have admitted in some departments reference the cuts!

I don't care. I care about the barefaced lies, ideology dressed up as necessity. The first thing the coalition did, for example, was embark on the 'bonfire of the quangos' on the grounds that we 'couldn't afford' these organisations. Never mind that this included the UK Film Council which raised more inward investment than it cost to run; never mind that it included the FSA when, clearly, the last thing the financial sector needed was less regulation; never mind all that, when pressed, the Government was forced to admit that this policy wasn't going to save any money at all. What it did do, though, was throw tens of thousands of people onto the dole right in the middle of an economic downturn for no practical reason, just ideology hidden behind a transparent lie.

I don't have time to list all the policies the coalition is implementing whose stated justifications are provably untrue, but it's a long fucking list. And if it was a Labour government doing this? Then, yes, I'd be bitching just as hard about that, too.

(I'm still waiting for apologies from the long line of people (not on here) who heaped online abuse on me for suggesting that the Iraq dossier was a blatant fabrication when it was first published,* and I hope there's a very special place in Hell for Tony Blair.)

QuoteI reckon I should patent my skill, if that is possible.

I have no idea what that last part was supposed to mean. If you mean you're deliberately baiting people with statements you don't mean in order to elicit a response, there's a word for that, and it's trolling.

Bah.

Jim

*Seriously. I read the whole thing. It was pathetic. I could have naffed a few fuzzy satellite photos off the internet and added arrows and captions saying "missile base". There wasn't a single sentence in the whole dossier that I would have dignified with the term 'fact'. Well, they got Iraq's geographical location right...

COMMANDO FORCES

The last part first, it's called a joke! Unlike the vile words that come across in some people posts and I'll include you in that Jim with your love of the word c**t. Can't you pick another word less offensive to women and most decent people, especially on a forum that has female members. You do like to use phrases and sayings, ref books and it's cover. Now I'm not 100% sure but isn't there a saying about arguments and swearing!

By the way, I loved the way you say that you don't care that the Labour party would have implimented some, if not a most of those cuts (that's all online) so long as it keeps you happy then that is okay.

I will heap praise when it's due and I agree reference Blair and the war, it was an absolute disgrace and he should be held to account. Pity the die hards voted him in again though! From what I read and hear he is thinking of coming back for another go with the party but it's all gone quiet as of late.

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: COMMANDO FORCES on 18 October, 2012, 04:37:35 PM
Now I'm not 100% sure but isn't there a saying about arguments and swearing!

"As my old Nan used to say: if you can't say something without swearing, then you're obviously a cunt."

QuoteBy the way, I loved the way you say that you don't care that the Labour party would have implimented some, if not a most of those cuts (that's all online) so long as it keeps you happy then that is okay.

That is most emphatically not what I said. Unless you stopped reading that paragraph after the first three words, in which case I'd be careful about complaining that other people are misrepresenting you.

COMMANDO FORCES

I read it all.

By the way, loving the excessive use of your favourite word!

Definitely Not Mister Pops

Well, at least no one has used the term 'Binders full of women'
You may quote me on that.

vzzbux

Quote from: Richmond Clements on 17 October, 2012, 08:51:41 PM
Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 17 October, 2012, 08:38:55 PM
Imagine my delight when I discovered that -- should my work ever dry up and leave me unemployed -- my NI contributions don't count for benefit purposes. That's right: I pay tax and NI; I make a net contribution to the UK economy because I'm bringing overseas currencies into the country, and my NI DOESN'T FUCKING COUNT towards benefit.

Bollocks.

Jim

God bless the Tories, they're doing a great job, eh?
This was under Blair regime as well. I took a sabbatical from work for three years and discovered this back then. You can't blaim the Tories for this.

V
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

judgefloyd

Binders full of women!

I'm sorry about your Tory government.  They come across as beyond parody