Main Menu

Judge Dredd/Mars Attacks Crossover

Started by Stan, 14 October, 2012, 01:07:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stan

I'm not sure I understand why Mars Attacks is popular all of a sudden..

More Details on "Mars Attacks the Transformers"
http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/news/more-details-on-mars-attacks-the-transformers/26005/

Nice artwork though.

Trout

Oh. Right.

Um... well done. I'm sure it will be very nice.

Hmmm...

bbgunn

Stan

That comment kinda feels Kevin Costnerish in hindsight. The artwork is as spiffy as it comes.

COMMANDO FORCES

Nice cover, even with the Lawgiver pointing past the aliens head :o

Zanti Misfit

I'm not sure I understand why Mars Attacks is popular all of a sudden..

It's the 50th anniversary of the first release of the cards (1962).

I'm a big fan of Mars Attacks - the cards, comics, Burton Film, etc, and this cover is smashing!

radiator

The Adventurer

Quote from: radiator on 14 October, 2012, 09:58:06 AM
Seriously...?

IDW does these 'not-crossovers' every year with their licensed properties. The last two years it was their 'Infestation' series. The first one was zombies that tied Transformers, GI Joe, Star Trek, and Ghostbusters together. the second one did Cthulhu and tied Transformers, GI Joe, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, and Dungeons & Dragons together.

This year they're using their new Mars Attacks license to do a cross publisher tie-in thing. Mars will also be Attacking Transformers, GI Joe, and others (probably Ghostbusters and Ninja Turtles) EDIT: Turns out Mars Attacks Popeye & Mars Attacks KISS are also involved. wtf

Since IDW doesn't have shared universe, they do this instead. Its kinda dumb and doesn't play to their properites strengths. Just one of my many problems with IDW.

To be fair... Dredd/Mars Attacks could be pretty lol.

THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

Noisybast

Could be fun. Just think of it as a non-canon, What If/Elseworlds kinda thing. Cover's nice. Reminds me of Fairlyhyperman.
Dan Dare will return for a new adventure soon, Earthlets!

SmallBlueThing

Once i'd recovered from the shock, i have to say that Mars Attacks Judge Dredd is probably the coolest idea for anything, ever, and deserves to be not only comics but lunchboxes, cards, tv cartoons and a brand of ice lolly too. In the wake of the failure of the movie and the trimming of the Megazine's frequency, this is just the kind of brilliantly mental left-field news that puts a smile on my face. Bring it on!

SBT

strontium71

Love that cover so much!
On a side note - I'd really want to see a range of 2000AD Elseworlds stories - not just Dredd. One offs featuring other characters. Rogue Trooper hunting for the Traitor General in the American Civil War - Strontium Dog as a bounty hunter in the Wild West - Nikolai Dante in the swingin' 60's...
...because I hate you.

CrazyFoxMachine

Looking at the range of covers at the bottom here http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=41605

...I feel like a big american kid has come up to an awesome box of 2000ad action figures, stolen the most popular one and taken it away to play WRONGLY with a rag-tag of other stolen figures. The other kids find it exciting and buyable but I feel a strong sense of violation.

I'll feel it stronger when it's...

...DREDD v TRANSFORMERS...

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: strontium71 on 14 October, 2012, 11:37:46 AM
On a side note - I'd really want to see a range of 2000AD Elseworlds stories - not just Dredd. One offs featuring other characters. Rogue Trooper hunting for the Traitor General in the American Civil War - Strontium Dog as a bounty hunter in the Wild West - Nikolai Dante in the swingin' 60's...

This is a fucking brilliant idea. Tharg! Make it happen!

Cheers

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Large48

Nice painted version of the Planet Replicas outfit, although not so sure of the LG!
[size=40]Train Hard - Run Fast - Hit to Kill[/size]

strontium71

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 14 October, 2012, 12:49:38 PM
Quote from: strontium71 on 14 October, 2012, 11:37:46 AM

This is a fucking brilliant idea. Tharg! Make it happen!

Cheers

Jim

Wow! Someone actually read something I posted!! Thanks Jim! I loved the Batman Elseworlds - particularly the Dracula/Batman ones - and have often thought 2000AD one-offs would be good. Not printed in the Prog or Meg , but actual one-shots.
...because I hate you.