Main Menu

Just back from a press screenin of SPIDER-MAN 2...

Started by Buddy, 07 July, 2004, 03:58:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buddy

Alfred Molina kicks ass as Doc Ock..

First half a bit slow, second half like a runaway train.

Nuff said, go see it.

Steamboy

what he said, absofukinlutly loved it.
doc Ock pisses all over Power ranger Green Goblin from number one. Action scenes where bigger, lovey dovey shit was more foccused. nice ending too. ***** 5 stars.  see imediatly

Cu Krestel

Devons Daddy

dont it just rock. out standing

best line?

, our hero.
auntie where are my comic books?
auntie smiles.
ole those old dusty things i got rid of them
Q every single sad comic fan boy in the audience.
feeling his pain.
that line was in there for every comic reader there to see the movie.and we all knew it.

BLOODY GREAT.
I AM VERY BUSY!
PJ Maybe and I use the same dictionary, live with it.

NO 2000ad no life!

CraveNoir

Trying not to spoil the line, the best one comes from Jameson talking about 'eight limbs'.

I didn't care for Stan Lee who appeared for half a second, said two words and stunk up the screen. Or maybe it was just that recognising him took me out of the dramatic scene briefly.

I loved the deliberately (?) bad English accents. It was like watching Bram Stoker's Dracula.

And yeah, that line from his aunt about the comics was funny/painful.

Structurally it reminded me of Superman 2. The part with the car coming through the window didn't make sense considering Doc Oc's mission. There were so many bad-ass moments most of them with CGI Spidey. Otto was a fantastic villan, and J Jonah Jameson had the best lines.

Nice ending too.

Matt Timson

I've been watching the old sixties cartoon on channel 4, weekday mornings.

Painful drivel- apart from the scenes with JJJ- which are pure class.  Looking forward to seeing this.

Matt
Pffft...

Generally Contrary

What's that?  20 minutes of the same three swinging scenes set onto different badly painted backgrounds?  By Ralph Bakshi?  How is it that bad?  And how did an escaped bank robber become king of the Molemen?

Matt Timson

Pfff... you tell me- damn thing never seems to make any sense!

The ealiest episodes are the worst- "man, what a drag/this is swinging/groovey baby/holy cats", seeming to make up about 90% of the dialogue.
Pffft...

zippy

I saw it last week in America and it is brilliant. I was wondering if it has been cut for the English cinima though? I've noticed it is a PG and I was thinking about taking my nephew to see it but the hospital scene was a bit too gruesome for him. I can't believe it would be classed as a PG.

Mr C

Do Spidey and Ock banter? Oh please tell me if they spar verbally. Spidey taking the piss out of superviallians is the best thing about Spiderman comics.

zippy

They don't banter that much if I remember right but the train scene possibly the best ever.

Steamboy

as cool as the CGI is it does dip in quality a bit, particularly towards the end of the Train sequence...Toy City...still I love it, so much that I'm raving about it twice...now on to Hell Boy that opens here next week, lets see if its as good as it looks..

CU Krestel

Beeks

I am quite possibly Doctor Octopus' biggest fan...he is my fave supervillian of all time...please tell me they did a good job of portraying him...I cringed when I saw he wasn't sporting his cheezy yellow/green lycra and I do hope they have kept his inspiral carpets bowl haircut...I am just praying that everything is going to turn out fine...hehe
"We keep on being told that religion, whatever its imperfections, at least instills morality. On every side, there is conclusive evidence that the contrary is the case and that faith causes people to be more mean, more selfish, and perhaps above all, more stupid." ― Christopher Hitchens

Steamboy

Sorry Sweaty no spandex and no Bowl haircut but he is a huge science geek and still thinks he's a genius(which in the movie he is). I'm opposite to you, cant stand the comic version of the Doc but love this movie version.

CU Krestel

Leigh S

JEB - you are clearly insane.. the past few days of the Spiderman cartoon have featured giant robotic ants, demonic armies, mysteriously self repairing jet planes and lesbians - what more do you want?

Bhuna

twitter.com/Bhuna1967
twitter.com/pigdogpress