Main Menu

Prog 1696 - Know Your Enemy

Started by The Enigmatic Dr X, 31 July, 2010, 08:31:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

radiator

Predicto: [spoiler]Middenface is going to give his life to the stone wizards to resurrect Johnny Alpha. [/spoiler]

Colin YNWA

Quote from: radiator on 31 July, 2010, 08:44:41 PM
Predicto: [spoiler]Middenface is going to give his life to the stone wizards to resurrect Johnny Alpha. [/spoiler]

Hmmmmmm maybe, just maybe....

LARF

[spoiler]Hmmmm, maybe not I mean what happens when you are buried on a magic planet?[/spoiler]

Darren Stephens

Quote from: radiator on 31 July, 2010, 08:44:41 PM
That would certainly make sense after Middenfaces guilt trip this week. Mmmmm.  :-\
https://www.dscomiccolours.com
                                       CLICK^^

House of Usher

Oooooooh!  :o

[spoiler]That would be quite something. The question is, would it please the readers any? Some readers quite like Middenface McNulty. Personally I don't think he's got too many stories left in him. Would he actually have to give his life, or just show willing, for the Stone Wizards to do their magic? Which would piss off readers most: Johnny in exchange for Middenface, or Johnny back again for free? Or would the well-endowed mutant with the boobies be enough of a sacrifice? I can't see that pleasing many readers, seeing as she hasn't been in the story for as long as all that.[/spoiler]

Whatever happens, I can see the story is going back to [spoiler]the planet of the Stone Wizards[/spoiler] again before its over.
STRIKE !!!

mogzilla

Quote from: House of Usher on 31 July, 2010, 10:30:34 PM
Oooooooh!  :o

[spoiler]That would be quite something. The question is, would it please the readers any? Some readers quite like Middenface McNulty. Personally I don't think he's got too many stories left in him. Would he actually have to give his life, or just show willing, for the Stone Wizards to do their magic? Which would piss off readers most: Johnny in exchange for Middenface, or Johnny back again for free? Or would the well-endowed mutant with the boobies be enough of a sacrifice? I can't see that pleasing many readers, seeing as she hasn't been in the story for as long as all that.[/spoiler]

Whatever happens, I can see the story is going back to [spoiler]the planet of the Stone Wizards[/spoiler] again before its over.

i like that,given that [spoiler]the wizards only asked if feral would sacrifice his life for johnny ,maybe its a test of faith and true freindship thing[/spoiler]  cannot wait for wednsday!!!

Hegel

I look forward to the [spoiler]'what really happened to Feral and how he came back to life' story in 10 years[/spoiler] :)

Dredd - decent bread and butter Dredd, probably required after the recent epic story arcs.

Red Seas - never been a fan but its not too terrible. It just feels lightweight and like the painting by numbers stories we would get in the dark days before Rebellion.

Sin Dex - I've always felt these guys and their world have more potential than product. This story again kind of reinforces that. They just aren't very likeable main guys, but they could be.....

Savage - Very enjoyable, love the 60s - 70s style art (but struggle sometimes to tell which character is who - especially in those uniforms).

Strontium - Definite highlight, and a nice suprise at the end in that Ive [spoiler]never liked that guy - but seeing him with his nose cut off being led to his death was pretty shocking albeit not as emotional as it should have been[/spoiler]. It felt a bit like the readers were being given something in exchange for the inevitable ressurection - slightly cynical but I approve :)

House of Usher

If I were a Volgan officer on security detail, and I was going to double check that a bunch of unfamiliar soldiers were who they said they were, I think the one I'd be most suspicious of would be the one with the breaks shaved into his eyebrows too.
STRIKE !!!

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: House of Usher on 31 July, 2010, 10:30:34 PM
[spoiler]Some readers quite like Middenface McNulty. Personally I don't think he's got too many stories left in him. Would he actually have to give his life, or just show willing, for the Stone Wizards to do their magic? Which would piss off readers most: Johnny in exchange for Middenface, or Johnny back again for free?[/spoiler]

I'm with you, Ush, I think. [spoiler]Much as I love Middenface, has he really got anywhere else to go as a character? It's precisely because I do love him that I'd be happy to see him bow out permanently, like Wulf - give him a death that really means something and stops him being overused (if he hasn't been already). And while I'm not overly keen on Johnny coming back, that pill would be massively sweetened if it happened in this way - the sacrifice of such a long-standing character would stop the reversal of Johnny's original death seeming at all like a cop-out, because it would still have cost the Stront universe dear.[/spoiler]
@jamesfeistdraws

Leigh S

Quote from: House of Usher on 01 August, 2010, 12:42:19 PM
If I were a Volgan officer on security detail, and I was going to double check that a bunch of unfamiliar soldiers were who they said they were, I think the one I'd be most suspicious of would be the one with the breaks shaved into his eyebrows too.

Isnt he extensively tatooed too?  The main giveaway would presumably when he starts speaking in English to everyone!

radiator

[spoiler]Yeah, I reckon McNulty is past his prime, and I wouldn't mind if he gets the chop.

Be interesting to see if this is a clearing of the decks - getting rid of all the old cast to make way for a completely new set up - new doghouse, new cast etc.[/spoiler]

Darren Stephens

Quote from: radiator on 01 August, 2010, 02:38:54 PM
[spoiler]Yeah, I reckon McNulty is past his prime, and I wouldn't mind if he gets the chop.

Be interesting to see if this is a clearing of the decks - getting rid of all the old cast to make way for a completely new set up - new doghouse, new cast etc.[/spoiler]
An exciting prospect. Though, I still dont really like the idea of a resurrected Johnny, if you'll pardon the expression...
https://www.dscomiccolours.com
                                       CLICK^^

DrJomster

Only read SD so far, but that I read as soon as the prog arrived! :D

I must admit I was a little concerned when the previous prog had the line "soul sucking's so passé"... Luckily we are back on track and then some! All fingers crossed that we're on for a strong ending. With so much riding on this it's not surprising any tiny perceived "wobble" causes disproportionate concern! ;)
The hippo has wisdom, respect the hippo.

Judge Olde

[spoiler]As usual, I'll not see the prog until Wednesday. But the death of Feral? Hmm - think he use to be a good interesting character back in the day. But clearly JW didn't care for him, he was also drawn nothing like the character was done. I hope ol'Lumpy dies, I tired of him a long time ago. Like a joke you've heard many times before. It sounds increasingly like the best outcome for SD would be for them all to spin off into a worm/black hole & be gone for good. If they really have to bring him back, can't it be done with him just waking up from a really silly dream?[/spoiler] :|

I, Cosh

Well I certainly didn't see that coming in SD. Setting Middenface up to take the fall for Johnny certainly seems plausible and, with Precious seeming a bit too ruthless, it would be a bit of a sop to the anti-resurrectionists like myself to bring Johnny back having completely wiped out the expected supporting cast. Finally gripped by this story.

I certainly did see that coming in S/D, but it was still fun and there's the obvious question of whehter that's also a trick or a double-cross or something else and, if so, on whose part? Could do with an extended run to get the juuices flowing.

Everything else was decent enough.
We never really die.