Main Menu

Prog 1917 - Execution of Duty

Started by Eamonn Clarke, 07 February, 2015, 12:11:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Proudhuff

Orlok steps up. Dredd on the mark. Letters too ;)
DDT did a job on me

A.Cow

Quote from: Ghost MacRoth on 09 February, 2015, 01:56:13 PM
The Order: Still confused to where we're going, but happy to participate in the journey.

I must admit I got a bit of a shock this week watching an old Doctor Who -- The Ribos Operation -- which featured a very familiar-looking soldier:

Mind you, I presume that the cylindrical helmet was pretty common during a particular Medieval period.

Ghost MacRoth

Lol, well, we all get influenced by something or other I guess!
I don't have a drinking problem.  I drink, I get drunk, I fall over.  No problem!

Hawkmumbler

The Order is turning out to be ine of those thrills I will look back in X-number of years and say "Damn that was a good story". I'd snap up a collection in a heart beat.

Minkyboy

Yeah I agree and I think it is actually the time travel which adds the extra little twist for me.
The secret order fighting hidden enemies down the ages, plus misfit old warriors, plus long-lived cursed/gifted quest seeking girl, plus supernatural/insane insight plus incongruous technology, plus freaky monster enemies = awesome.
But add the rusty old time travelling a.i. trying to do just enough to combat the baddies, but not so much as to disrupt the time stream = zarjaz!
Fiddling while Rome burns

"is being made a brain in a jar a lot more comen than I think it is." - Cyberleader2000

J.Smith

Quote from: Dandontdare on 08 February, 2015, 06:08:32 PM
Quote from: Buttonman on 08 February, 2015, 03:29:22 PM
Nice letters page with one voice crying out for more letters - and it wasn't me! No familiar faces at all - wonder if all the forum-ites have stopped writing or whether the letters are just rotten? In Tom's case both may apply.
As soon as I read that I figured it must be you using a pseudonym or some local weegie that you've bribed to write in.

Oi, ain't nobody calls me a weegie but me in a self-deprecating mood. Yeah, I dunno, it may just have been my imagination but there seemed to be very few letter pages in 2014 when I was sure there was room for some, and I only realised that doing my big catching up of all the Progs I missed. Just thought it was a shame, since they are always great to see.

Buttonman

Ah young Padowan don't strike out in anger for they have few letters between them. Soak up this mighty thread : http://forums.2000adonline.com/index.php/topic,36119.0/topicseen.html and engage with like minded people. You may have only 4 Letters (Progs 1507, 1884, M352 and 1971 - unless you lived in Tyne and Wear in 1988?) but there are a lot better than those of the dark (well, silver) letter writer Tom of Proudfoot.

Buttonman

While I'm on I'd also say that the central premise of your letter was bang wrong as 2013 and 2014 both had 14 letters pages spread across the Prog and Meg. 2012 did have 21 so you are technically correct that the number has lessened but the lessening was stabilised in the last two completed years. 2015 has seen 3 to date.

DrRocka

Is it me, or is it always [spoiler]Judge Fear that gets walloped first?[/spoiler]. Is there a Wagnerian rule that states that [spoiler]he's gotta be the first to go?[/spoiler] We've never really seen the full extent of his powers, have we?
Never ever bloody anything ever

Eamonn Clarke

The digital copy is on my iPad today and the cover looks the same as the image I've posted.
Maybe a little darker on the paper copy in the newsagent but I can see the moire pattern ( I think that's what it's called)

Skullmo

Quote from: DrRocka on 11 February, 2015, 01:13:17 PM
Is it me, or is it always [spoiler]Judge Fear that gets walloped first?[/spoiler]. Is there a Wagnerian rule that states that [spoiler]he's gotta be the first to go?[/spoiler] We've never really seen the full extent of his powers, have we?

Can he broadcast fear through the tv?
It's a joke. I was joking.

Link Prime

Quote from: Skullmo on 11 February, 2015, 01:42:14 PM
Quote from: DrRocka on 11 February, 2015, 01:13:17 PM

Can he broadcast fear through the tv?

If Sky News can, I'm sure he's up to it.

Judge Nutmeg

orlok was ok but pointless
the order gets better by each week
ulysses was fun
savage was canny

two musings about dark justice, judge fire seemed to be holding back considering he could have easily toasted the group .

Dredd yelling you "sick bastard" , seemed uncharacteristically emotional.

Tiplodocus

Enjoyed it.

Orlok is about to get a detailed re-read because that resolution looked like it wasworth more attention than I have paid the strip thus far. (The Order will get one as well - more because it's just such fun stuff).
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

Hawkmumbler

Quote from: Judge Nutmeg on 11 February, 2015, 10:12:39 PM
Dredd yelling you "sick bastard" , seemed uncharacteristically emotional.
That was jarring as heck. I read it in the Frank Miller Batman voice. Honestly I can't blame Dredd for being emotional occasionally, but this felt like an extreme.