Main Menu

Peter guiness

Started by pa20452, 22 January, 2002, 04:44:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pa20452

The ultimate actor for the role of Judge dredd would be Peter guiness. You might remember him from films as Alien3, Tim Burtons Sleepy hollow and TV series as Red Cap, Cadfael, Highlander.

Another cool actor would be Stephen Mchattie. You might have seen him in The Climb, The Highwayman, Beverly Hills Cop 3, and tv series as Lexx, X-files, Startrek Deep Space Nine, JAG and Highlander.

(for more info check www.imdb.com)

pa20452

Sorry , its Peter Guinness, not guiness

Thread Zero

Go to:

http://www.irdp.co.uk/guinness.htm

He might be too old for the role though????

scojo

pa20452

Too old?!  How old is Dredd in the comic?

2000AD Online

Ah, what the heck. For what it's worth, I'd love to see Andre Braugher in the role. Y'know, Frank Pembleton from 'Homicide: Life On The Street'. Also turned up in the latter 'Kojak' TV movies, not to mention 'Primal Fear' with Richard Gere and 'City Of Angels' with Nic Cage.

Thread Zero

Danny Devito is my choice.

scojo

pa20452

Lance Henriksen should play a role in the Dredd Film. He is MAJOR CULT!!!!!

W. R. Logan

>Too old?!  How old is Dredd in the comic?

Are you sitting comfortably?

Dredd was cloned in 2066 and his age accelerated to 5 years of age. The date presently in Mega-City 1 is 2124. Therefore Dredd has been alive for 58 years but his age is 63. Take into account his full body rejuve job after his meeting with the Sisters of death in The Dead Man and your guess is as good as mine as to what is bodies age may be.

The trouble with Dredd's timeline advancing in time with ours is that Dredd's world is always 122 years ahead of our own. This ides may have seemed like a good one when 2000 first started and the average life expectancy of the a boys comic was measured in just a few years at most, but now 2000 is about to reach its 25th anniversary, well that good idea is turning into a bad one.

John Wagner isn't a great fan of continuity and as far as I'm aware Dredd will just continue to age and no big deal will be made of it, but what do I know.

Look at Batman, do people go on about how old he should be by now considering the length of time he's been going? I like some continuity but as for Dredd's age, who gives a Drokk.

La Placa Rifa,
W. R. Logan.

Link: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/theclassof79" target="_blank">The Class Of '79

Thread Zero

I think Dredd should be about 35.

Nice age.

Has the lines of experience appearing on his face but still retains the body of an athlete.

Think of me naked and you got the picture.

scojo

2000AD Online

Actually, I take it back. Renaissance Dan, he's the man. Except, maybe cast him as Rico and get that Schwarzenegger chap to play Joe. And, get this, DeVito's inherited all Fargo's bad genes whereas Arnolt all the good!

paulvonscott

Yah, that is funny.  But Anderson should not get pregant, it should be me as Dredd, then I have to look after the kindergarten of children and a reader falls into the comic und I find out the true meaning of Christmas.

I must find my agent quick before stallone beats me again.

Arnold.

p.s.  I'll be back.