Main Menu

Prog 1379 -

Started by DavidXBrunt, 01 March, 2004, 05:50:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

petemaskreplica

That splash on page 5 of Dredd - what's with his arm? Surely it should be, well, longer?

Art

Input: Art-Y8 gets a name check - I'm guessing that letter was written by a messageboarder, so who was it?

Yikes! That?s um, kind of weird to see there. I feel vaguely embarassed. And yes, as someone in the chat said, the reply is classic deadpan Tharg.

JTurner

Art's writing his own fanmail under an assumed name, I see.

Art

paulvonscott

Argh, no prog in shop!

AAARGH!

Slippery PD

Mine
Cover good
Dredd - excellent
Red Seas - excellent but almost a deus ex machina ending, or it doesnt matter what the hero does it ends
Valkeries - I still struggle
VC's - meh ending to a meh story

about 6 out of 10 for that

Yer Slips

Pyroxian

>Red Seas - excellent but almost a deus ex
>machina ending, or it doesnt matter what the
> hero does it ends

Yes, would've been better if he tricked Aladdin into eating the apple instead :( Left me a little unsatisfied.

Valkyries is improving, but falls back to the old 'military command is useless, so it's up to us to save the universe...' cliche

VCs - ends on another bloody cliff-hanger - can't people write more than 6 episodes at a time or something, grrr....

The Dredd is fantastic, and I'm really enjoying it. Possibly because it's a very character-driven plot.

Droid Life - one of the best things in the prog at the moment :)

Cover - I don't care what the text says - it's not a tiger, it's a wolf. Or possibly a bat...

Steve

petemaskreplica

"it doesnt matter what the hero does it ends"

heh, that's one of the things I like most about Red Seas, the basic uselessness of its "hero" :)

Darryl

Liked the cover -

Dredd - I like the use of a full page to get over that this is ole' Joe himslef - carlos' art as usual is great, and the story itsself is good, I just hope the ending (when it comes) isn't rushed like a few recently (cincinatti notably).

Red Seas, Ive just sat and read the whole thing, after saying in earlier threads that I would hold my opinion - and you know what? I liked it! a good story well told, and steve yeowell's art is perfect for it.

Valkyries - um....

Droid life - this is rapidly becoming like calvin and hobbes, dilbert and the far side for me - worth buying tooth for alone.

VC's - I ilke the VC's, and after this ending, im looking forward to the next book.

Anyone know whats replacing them next prog?

esoteric ed

Only Dredd and VCs keeping me interested right ow, thankfully both (especially Dredd) were top drawer stuff... loved the OTT appearance of Joe, next week's episode offers much promise :-)

Ed

Mr D

Rogue Trooper I believe Darryl

Leigh S

If I remember my previews correctly, then Durham Red is also due up soon...?

thrillpowerseeker

Capt.Zeep

"It's not a tiger, it's a wolf.  Or possibly a bat"

Look again - in the strip it's plainly Wile E. Coyote, complete with motion lines.

Dunk!

Nice cover.

Great Dredd. I remember the first appearance of Rico blew my socks off and now Dredd has to contend with an even earlier version of himself. Rico being slightly easier going than the old man but still loving his vocation has so much potential.

Red Seas fantastic. Satisfying ending with great characterisation. Put it together with the first one, bind it in a handsome Steve Yeowell hardback cover and I'd be first in line to buy it.

Valkeries Rubbish.

VC's who cares.

Dredd and RS make it all worthwhile though.
"Trust we"