Main Menu

All change

Started by Colin YNWA, 15 April, 2009, 10:14:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin YNWA

Hi,

I've been posting here for a while now and released a wee while ago that you could change your username and have just changed my avatar today and since I'd never introduced myself here thought this was a good time to do so.

My names Colin, formally ctaylor, presently Colin_ynwa, I've gone from Zenith to a chimp with a legionaries helmet on from my short lived self publishing 'company' Simia Comics (one comic produced Ape in a Spacesuit demo issue. Its rubbish but there are copies available for free if anybody has 20 minutes of their life to waste).

My 2000ad story is very similar to so many I'd guess. Collecting on and off since issue 1 (5 when that came out) had a very long spell from issue 432 - 1000ish but then dropped off the face of the 2000ad world (and comics altogether) for the longest time). Was reading comics again when Origins started and so picked up 2000ad on a whim and boy am I glad I did. Being back in the fold has been a blast and I've gone from ideal curiosity to remembering that 2000ad is the best comics out there by a country mile in a very short period of time.

Currently going through a reread of my collection 100 issues at a time cherry picking the stories and reading them in one go, currently on the 800s and so can often be found spouting pearls of wisdom (nonsense!) about stuff I've read in the review section. When I've finished that I'm very much looking forward to heading out on uncharted territory of the 10 years I missed as I have an almost complete collection now and issues 1000 - 1500 I've never read. Can't wait.

Have to say this is by far and away the most pleasent fan web forum I've ever come across and it's a credit to 2000ad fans when you compare it to the rapid forums you find on other 'nerd' websites. Well done you all!

Dandontdare

Whilst this forum has conclusively proved in the past that anything, and I mean ANYTHING, can be improved by the addition of a monkey in a hat, I did like your old zenith avatar! I've thouight about cahnging mine, but now people know me by it, I decided it would be too confusing.

I'm also about to embark on a marathon reread as I've just collected all my pre-1994 progs (about prog 70 onwards) from my mum's loft where they've been languishing rent free for many years. It feels like I've been reunited with an old friend! (Not to mention all the things I'd forgotten were up there - backissues of White Dwarf, some old Starlords and oodles of old postcards, pics programmes etc. Nostalgia fest!)

Kerrin

It's a pleasure to have you with us Colin. This is the only internet forum I've actually bothered contributing to and I think I must have lucked out, it's great. At top bunch of people with impeccable taste in comics. And biscuits.

eggonlegs

Dog Deever

Though some of the preferred cheeses leave a lot to be desired...
Just a little rough and tumble, Judge man.

Devons Daddy

welcome
fine entrance, lovely logo, good name.
and manners,
you seem to be of our perfect fit for this place.

it is one of the finest places upon the WWW,

i am sure that is an undisputable fact.

good to have you hear with us.
I AM VERY BUSY!
PJ Maybe and I use the same dictionary, live with it.

NO 2000ad no life!