Main Menu

Prog 1650 - new Dredd Mega Epic!

Started by Goaty, 14 July, 2009, 09:21:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Goaty

Finally there is new epic in 6 weeks! but wonder it is? Civil War in Mega-City over Mutant situation? I am on Judge Dredd's side!

locustsofdeath!

Well, you know even if the Judges split into separate factions, Dredd will remain on the side with the Chief Judge...unless something similar to a Caligula situation arises. But Civil War does seem to be a logical epic. We haven't had a good all-out war in a long time.

Colin YNWA

The other option I was thinking if the New Chief Judge does repel the Mutie laws they have a heck of a lot of mutants they are going to have to ship out the city and there might be an uprising?

The title that was doing the rounds a bit ago (not sure where this comes from) 'Tour of Duty' doesn't necessary lend itself to either of these ideas mind!?!

Pyroxian

Yep, the 'Tour of Duty' seems confirmed here: http://2000adonline.com/forum/index.php/topic,25501.0.html, but not much idea of what it's about.

Steve

golledge100

I think its already stated on another thread that the mega epic will be a cursed earth tale.

Colin YNWA

Quote from: golledge100 on 14 July, 2009, 09:57:09 AM

I think its already stated on another thread that the mega epic will be a cursed earth tale.

Arh if that's the case maybe Franisco sends Dredd out to support the re-location of the Mutants and see that its done fairly to get him out his hair and to appease him somewhat and there's some shenanigans from there?

Nowt like a bit of wild speculation on a Tuesday morning!

radiator

Well, Tour of Duty has been mentioned as a title in Previews (I think the Cursed Earth was also referenced), though part of me suspects this is a placeholder title, as Tharg stated that he didn't want to reveal the name of this new epic for fear of spoilers.

We know that Dredd and Hershey are firmly on the chopping block, career-wise, and we know Dredd would rather would stand by his principles and walk rather than take a demotion. It also strikes me that Wagner has been laying the pieces for Dredd's retirement/replacement for years (he now has a neat little retirement home in the shape of Fargoville...). Putting two and two together, it's not too much of leap to get from Tour of Duty to The Long Walk...

But then what do I know? My predictions for Origins were way off!

Personally, I don't really see the Civil War angle - I remember people suggesting something similar during the McGruder/Mechanismo storyline, but I think that story went in a much more interesting direction.

Can't wait!

Wouldn't now be the perfect time to issue a graphic novel collecting all the Mutants In Mega City One storyline so far?

locustsofdeath!

What about the Mutants possibly - finally - setting up a 'real' city in the Cursed Earth, something that in time could be a huge threat to Mega-City One? I don't know, just pondering...I guess we'll see soon enough, but I agree with you guys - it seems most likely to be a Mutant Epic.

Colin YNWA

Quote from: radiator on 14 July, 2009, 10:25:57 AM
Putting two and two together, it's not too much of leap to get from Tour of Duty to The Long Walk...

Now that seems like a strong possibility. The only caution I'd have is that you'd suspect that they'd avoid having Dredd take the long walk only to come back again as that's been done before...

...which in itself leads to interesting possibilities!

TordelBack

It's very hard to imagine how the muties could survive after being cast out.  I know today's Cursed Earth is a less lethal place than the one depicted in the original epic, or even in Helltrekkers, but presumably these folk have given up what property and farms they had... they'll be leaving the gates with nowhere to go to.  I doubt Dredd's going to resign, but I'd be willing to bet that he's going to be kept safely away shepherding 'his beloved muties' while Francisco's backers consolidate their power.  Maybe Beeny'll come along again, or maybe she'll stay behind and act as a street-level window on what changes are coming?   It's going to be interesting!

Goaty

Oh dear, it very likely to be at Cursed Earth, and could Francisco be Mega-City's worst CJ ever?

and big wonder, who would be epic's artist???

Richmond Clements

And it has to be said- all credit to Tharg and his minions for keeping every detail of this secret- in these days of interweb leaks and that sort of thing, it's a nice treat to have something to look forward to where I have no idea what is going to happen.

I, Cosh

Isn't the mysterious villain from that overlong "Ecstasy" story at large somewhere in the Cursed (that's one syllable, incidentally) Earth?

Tour of Duty could be a spell as a Cursed Earth marshall or even a military posting offworld (although that seems unlikely) which is where Dolman wanted to go, if I remember right.
We never really die.

Pyroxian

Quote from: Goaty on 14 July, 2009, 11:14:59 AM
could Francisco be Mega-City's worst CJ ever?

He'd have to go a long way to beat Cal...

Steve

Rio De Fideldo