Main Menu

Let's not forget

Started by atp, 09 September, 2012, 11:19:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

atp

From what I have seen of the trailers and from what is being said here it looks like Dredd 3D finally brings old stony face to the screen as he should be. It's good to hear that due respect is also being shown to the source material, 2000AD/Megazine. I have to wait till near end Oct
(see http://forums.2000adonline.com/index.php/topic,36237.msg705990.html#msg705990 ) but I can't wait to see this flick. Hopefully this is going to be the antidote to the first Dredd, talking of which, love it or hate it. For a British comic character (virtually unknown outside of the comic reading community) to get the dollars out of the American movie machine and pull Stallone (at the time still an A list star) in for the lead was no small accomplishment and that should not be forgotten. Who knows, without that first stab at a Dredd movie we may not ever have got Dredd 3D. 
The freedom of choice should be compulsory

darnmarr

True, but the liberties taken with the character cannot but make it, for Dredd fans, a classic of the horror genre...

atp

Quote from: darnmarr on 09 September, 2012, 11:24:09 AM
True, but the liberties taken with the character cannot but make it, for Dredd fans, a classic of the horror genre...

Totally agree.
The freedom of choice should be compulsory

HdE

I used to be of the opinion that the old Dredd movie was a perfectly fun movie if you took it on its own terms.

You know what changed that opinion? Seeing it again last year.

It. Is. AWFUL.
Check out my DA page! Point! Laugh!
http://hde2009.deviantart.com/

JOE SOAP

Quote from: atp on 09 September, 2012, 11:19:49 AM
For a British comic character (virtually unknown outside of the comic reading community) to get the dollars out of the American movie machine and pull Stallone (at the time still an A list star) in for the lead was no small accomplishment and that should not be forgotten.

The achieved that by not actually maikng a Judge Dredd film.

Mark Taylor

With the budget they had for Stallone '95 they should have just gone for a straightforward tale rather then the convoluted plot they came up with. Judging by how good they made the Hammerstein-a-like robot look, some version of Robot Wars could have worked quite well.

Mark Taylor

Quote from: Mark Taylor on 09 September, 2012, 09:29:51 PM
With the budget they had for Stallone '95 they should have just gone for a straightforward tale with really good visuals rather then the convoluted plot they came up with. Judging by how good they made the Hammerstein-a-like robot look, some version of Robot Wars could have worked quite well.

Mark Taylor

...Sorry, was trying to modify my post. Didn't mean to quote myself.

Eric Plumrose

Quote from: atp on 09 September, 2012, 11:19:49 AM
Who knows, without that first stab at a Dredd movie we may not ever have got Dredd 3D.

Whereas without Stallone Part 21 a more faithful version might have happened sooner.
Not sure if pervert or cheesecake expert.