Main Menu

Pacific Rim 2!

Started by Keef Monkey, 27 June, 2014, 08:55:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Keef Monkey

This has made me deliriously happy today. And an animated series! This is what all Fridays should be like.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HndBiSyOrK4

amines2058

Yay! That has made my day as well, as completely loved the first!!! :D

Richmond Clements

ThryllSeekyr

I hope they improve it this time.....

Boy, was I tempted to really say what was on my mind, but stopped myself from writing it.....

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: ThryllSeekyr on 27 June, 2014, 10:42:35 AM
Boy, was I tempted to really say what was on my mind, but stopped myself from writing it.....

It's never fucking stopped you before.
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

I, Cosh

Quote from: ThryllSeekyr on 27 June, 2014, 10:42:35 AM
Yeah, that giant monster's really let itself go.

Edit: Gaah! Campbelled!
We never really die.

Recrewt

Good news for all the Pacific Rim fans.

Let the rumours commence:
[spoiler]Godzilla is going to appear in Pacific Rim 2[/spoiler]  :ssh:

Hawkmumbler

Well, [spoiler]Gareth Edwards[/spoiler] only said that it would happen if both movies where financial successes and if it was approved by [spoiler]Toho.[/spoiler]

Don't see why not though...

As it is i'm happy with more Pacific Rim anyway. Massively enjoyed the first one.

locustsofdeath!

More giant monsters is always a good thing. 2017 seems so far away, though!

Rog69

Great news :D.

I loved the first one but really didn't expect a sequel, I guess the success of Godzilla at the box office may have swung the decision.

JOE SOAP

Quote from: Rog69 on 27 June, 2014, 02:01:45 PM
I loved the first one but really didn't expect a sequel, I guess the success of Godzilla at the box office may have swung the decision.

More the fact that they sold a lot of blu-rays and toys.

IAMTHESYSTEM

If we made Dredd 2 into a 400 foot mutant Judge it would be a winner. Stomping on cities is sort of what he does anyway.

"You may live to see man-made horrors beyond your comprehension."

http://artriad.deviantart.com/
― Nikola Tesla

Keef Monkey

Quote from: JOE SOAP on 27 June, 2014, 02:05:22 PM
Quote from: Rog69 on 27 June, 2014, 02:01:45 PM

More the fact that they sold a lot of blu-rays and toys.

I was surprised too, me and most of the people I know loved the movie but the buzz at the time seemed to be that it was underperforming at the box office. Given that I really didn't expect a sequel, so the news has me giddy.

HdE

I believe the situation was that US box office numbers on Pacific Rim weren't great, but international numbers were much better over time.

News of a sequel isn't THAT surprising (but very welcome). I hear that, after Godzilla's box office performance, there's chatter in Hollywood of big-budget monster movies being the next thing.

Coincidentally, a new Predator film (which ISN'T a sequel to 'Predators') was announced a couple of days ago. Look liek the next few years could be fun for fans of creature features.
Check out my DA page! Point! Laugh!
http://hde2009.deviantart.com/

radiator

Good stuff. Wasn't expecting a sequel and though I thoroughly enjoyed the first film didn't feel it was crying out for one as it worked as a great standalone - but all the same this is good news.

I know a lot of people didn't get on with the corny tone of Pacific Rim (no doubt someone will be along shortly to bash the film), but for my money it was easily one of the best blockbusters of the decade so far.