Main Menu

The Judge Death Files

Started by repoman, 05 April, 2020, 05:26:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

M.I.K.

Quote from: repoman on 01 October, 2021, 10:08:38 AM
There's a curious thing about this site.  2000ad on Twitter have never once reacted in any way to any of the site's content.  No likes, no retweets.  Even when the tweet mentions to get a specific issue from their shop.  But I've noticed they're usually quite active and happy to like/retweet other things by other people.

I'm not complaining in any way, they don't have to do anything.  And it doesn't make any difference to me (although their support would get me a few more views I guess but that's not really going to change anything).

But it makes me wonder, are they against this sort of thing?  They don't lose anything from the site being up and arguably it helps buyers know what progs/megs to get but it feels almost like company policy.  As if fan-made sites aren't to be supported.

I could be wrong.  Maybe they just think it's rubbish.

I don't think they're against it so much as they don't want to give the impression that these sites are in any way official or officially endorsed.

Funt Solo

I don't know if it would help to cross reference any of my Death data. As befits such a wide-ranging set of characters and stories, I've got other sections for the Sisters, the newer Deadworld saga and The Dark Judges.

---

For recognition by TMO, you might try writing to Input - I've noticed things like mad Lego projects and so on getting some traction through blunt self-promotion. If you don't ask...
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

repoman

Quote from: Funt Solo on 01 October, 2021, 06:47:04 PM
I don't know if it would help to cross reference any of my Death data. As befits such a wide-ranging set of characters and stories, I've got other sections for the Sisters, the newer Deadworld saga and The Dark Judges.

---

For recognition by TMO, you might try writing to Input - I've noticed things like mad Lego projects and so on getting some traction through blunt self-promotion. If you don't ask...

Cheers, Funt.

Damn!  I wish I'd seen your site when I started.  I was cross-referencing a few sites (Barney, the wikis) and it was slow progress!!!

Looks like I caught almost everything apart from 'Hag Team' and some Visions stuff but that might be because Death isn't specifically in them.

I'll have a good dig through your site though to make sure.  Fab work, Funt.

repoman

Well, this has been a bit of a bonus.

In covering Hag Team, I also spotted an appearance from Max and Ghastly at the end of that FCBD special.

Thanks again, Funt.  I've added your site to my resources page and given credit on the Hag Team article too.

Funt Solo

Thanks for a ref. I should probably reciprocate - I seem to recall cross-referencing something from your site.

There are so many instances of Death (& compatriots) showing up either as a flashback for Anderson, or people dressed up as Death, or visions of Death - it's difficult to get it all straight.

My data fails to distinguish well between a cameo and a starring role, for example.
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

repoman

Quote from: Funt Solo on 09 October, 2021, 11:09:41 PM
My data fails to distinguish well between a cameo and a starring role, for example.

I generally group it all into 'main timeline' (so basically the linear appear/get captured/get released story that started in 1980 and has taken us through to Deliverance) and then everything else.  If it's just a mention/someone dressed as Death/a hallucination I'll tag it as a 'mention.'