Main Menu

Did Something Happen to Absalom?

Started by GizmoDuck, 03 April, 2023, 11:58:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GizmoDuck

Hi, all.

I've just finished the last volume of Absalom; Terminal Diagnosis, and I gotta ask, respectfully, did something happen with this volume?

By that I mean, Volumes 1 and 2 were building up to something great, so many teasers about the Absalom lore was thrown in and it looked like the wider Absalom world was going to be explored in the last volume.

However, I feel like Volume 3 just.... ended. The ending came out of nowhere, and nothing from volumes 1 or 2 are explained or further elaborated upon, and in fact I'd go so far as to say a few potholes might have cropped in.

Anyone else feel like this?

norton canes

Quote from: GizmoDuck on 03 April, 2023, 11:58:37 AMI feel like Volume 3 just.... ended. The ending came out of nowhere, and nothing from volumes 1 or 2 are explained or further elaborated upon, and in fact I'd go so far as to say a few potholes might have cropped in

Don't worry, we've got our top droids on the case

Dark Jimbo

It's an unfortunate fact that the final story - Training Day - is not included in the final trade! Maybe the epilogue will clear some things up for you, if you can track it down.

Also worth mentioning that the strip is actually a spin-off from Caballistics Inc. That was where Absalom and his 'lads' first originated. Luckily you can get the whole of Caballistics in a single, big door-stopper collection.
@jamesfeistdraws

norton canes

'Graduation Day', prog 2162 (2019 Xmas Mega-Special)

Nice little twist

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: norton canes on 03 April, 2023, 03:03:36 PM'Graduation Day', prog 2162 (2019 Xmas Mega-Special)

D'oh! That's the one.

I know you've already bought the Absalom trades, Gizmoduck, but I feel like I ought to point out that you can get the entirety of the Caballistics/Absalom saga - in hardback, and including the 'Graduation Day' epilogue - for a mere £30 from Hachette...
@jamesfeistdraws

GizmoDuck

Quote from: norton canes on 03 April, 2023, 12:24:17 PM
Quote from: GizmoDuck on 03 April, 2023, 11:58:37 AMI feel like Volume 3 just.... ended. The ending came out of nowhere, and nothing from volumes 1 or 2 are explained or further elaborated upon, and in fact I'd go so far as to say a few potholes might have cropped in

Don't worry, we've got our top droids on the case

I said what I said!  :D

GizmoDuck

Quote from: Dark Jimbo on 03 April, 2023, 03:10:51 PM
Quote from: norton canes on 03 April, 2023, 03:03:36 PM'Graduation Day', prog 2162 (2019 Xmas Mega-Special)

D'oh! That's the one.

I know you've already bought the Absalom trades, Gizmoduck, but I feel like I ought to point out that you can get the entirety of the Caballistics/Absalom saga - in hardback, and including the 'Graduation Day' epilogue - for a mere £30 from Hachette...

That's interesting to know. Thanks, Dark Jimbo

Rogue Judge

If you haven't seen it yet Gizmo, there is a short Absalom cartoon on YouTube that is well worth checking out.

Batman's Superior Cousin

Quote from: Rogue Judge on 03 April, 2023, 07:45:57 PMIf you haven't seen it yet Gizmo, there is a short Absalom cartoon on YouTube that is well worth checking out.

https://youtu.be/KZ0w66MAnNY
I can't help but feel that Godpleton's avatar/icon gets more appropriate everyday... - TordelBack
Texts from Last Night

GizmoDuck

Quote from: Rogue Judge on 03 April, 2023, 07:45:57 PMIf you haven't seen it yet Gizmo, there is a short Absalom cartoon on YouTube that is well worth checking out.

Indeed. That's what first alerted me to Absalom in the first place. Never heard of it 'til then. I'm primarily a Dredd reader, but I'm branching out.

Dark Jimbo

@jamesfeistdraws

Rogue Judge

Quote from: GizmoDuck on 05 April, 2023, 09:19:59 AM

Indeed. That's what first alerted me to Absalom in the first place. Never heard of it 'til then. I'm primarily a Dredd reader, but I'm branching out.

If you are branching out, don't sleep on Strontium Dog or Kingdom! IMO they are Tharg's greatest thrills.