Main Menu

Prog 2207: Welcome to the Clownshow

Started by Barrington Boots, 10 November, 2020, 01:04:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bolt-01

Jayzus, Steven was a regular boarder for quite a while before he got droided. He is another of those illustrious few who have made the jump from Small Press to work for TMO.

I was lucky enough to get to work with him a few times, including this little beauty on the cover for FutureQuake 28 (which was 5 years ago!)

broodblik

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

JayzusB.Christ

That is really nice.  Quite different from his current style. What was his board name?
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Bolt-01

from memory I believe it was 'ausven' or something similar.

MacabreMagpie

Steven's done plenty! A couple of Time Twisters I believe, a Thargs Thr3ller, a recent Anderson in the Megazine and he did the cover for the first episode of End of Days and a few other things. Great to see him on Dredd duties.

JayzusB.Christ

I've somehow managed to miss his past work completely.  He's a great fit for Dredd anyway; hope he does a lot more.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

TordelBack

Quote from: JayzusB.Christ on 15 November, 2020, 01:28:02 PM
I've somehow managed to miss his past work completely.  He's a great fit for Dredd anyway; hope he does a lot more.

It's true, he feels like a natural fit.

Modern Panther

Can someone explain to me what's hapening with the mercenaries in Skip Tracer? I don't mean the complete lack of logic, but just the numbers...

There have been three mercs in every scene until now - Generic Human, Bad Guy Spiderface, and Ugly McNulty.  Last episode, Nolan shot Ugly McNulty and let the others escape, only to immediately decide to set another trap...

We then see Generic Human, Bad Guy Spiderface, and Ugly McNulty being led into the trap... but Ugly McNulty is already there, apparently being mind-controlled by Nolan in a strangely posed scene which is immediately rendered pointless.

Am I miscounting characters?  I've i'm wrong about this, who knows what else I could be wrong about?  Maybe Nolan is actually an interesting guy?

TordelBack

I'd assumed there was just one more yellow lizard guy (there are other civilians of his type, so he's not unique) dragged along as reinforcements after Nolan nabbed the first one, but you're right, we never see more than the original 3 mercs prior to that point.