Main Menu

2000AD Forum Sketch Comp #1: RESULTS THREAD

Started by Jim_Campbell, 26 February, 2021, 11:15:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim_Campbell

A huge thank you to everyone who entered the competition, and to all of you who voted. The votes have been tallied, back-handers have been pocketed, people against whom I harbour arbitrary and utterly unfair grudges have been excluded, and so we come to the results...!

In third place...

Legendary Shark

In second place...

Me

And THE WINNER!

Colin YNWA

The theme for our second sketch competition will be along in due course, so warm those pencils/biros/oh-so-tasty wax crayons up and get ready...
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

broodblik

Congrats !!! 3 unique and different sketches. Well done !!!
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

JayzusB.Christ

Congrats to all; three very worthy winners.  I may not have got through, but my first two choices came first and second and my HM came third, which is more than enough compensation.

I really like this competition - the old-style art compos were amazing but I never found the time to do a piece that was any way close to the standard of other people's (if indeed I had the ability).  45 minute sketches, though, are right up my street and I'm looking forward to the next one.

Well done again everyone!
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Woolly

Yay Colin! Thoroughly deserved, and I'll be in touch for your address details :)

TordelBack

What a bunch of sm-artypants. Deserving winners, lovely stuff.

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: JayzusB.Christ on 26 February, 2021, 11:45:25 AM
I really like this competition - the old-style art compos were amazing but I never found the time to do a piece that was any way close to the standard of other people's (if indeed I had the ability).  45 minute sketches, though, are right up my street and I'm looking forward to the next one.

In the interests of trying to create a level playing field for people of differing artistic ability, we'll be mixing it up next month — you can take as long as you like, but you have to keep your eyes closed the whole time.

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 26 February, 2021, 01:05:01 PM
Quote from: JayzusB.Christ on 26 February, 2021, 11:45:25 AM

In the interests of trying to create a level playing field for people of differing artistic ability, we'll be mixing it up next month — you can take as long as you like, but you have to keep your eyes closed the whole time.

Takes me back to my art school days.  That kind of craic would have probably got me a distinction.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Bolt-01

Fantastic!

Well done Colin, great idea and thank you Jim.

Looking forward to next month.

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Bolt-01 on 26 February, 2021, 01:29:16 PM
.... thank you Jim.

Actually this. So blinded by my visions of glory. So overcome with ego and delight and amazement I forgot the most important thing.

THANKS JIM

The regening of the Forum Art Comp is one of, if not the greatest thing to happen on this place for a long time and I'm super excited about the next one.

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: Colin YNWA on 26 February, 2021, 01:39:49 PM
Quote from: Bolt-01 on 26 February, 2021, 01:29:16 PM
.... thank you Jim.

Actually this. So blinded by my visions of glory. So overcome with ego and delight and amazement I forgot the most important thing.

THANKS JIM

Shite, I've forgotten a bit of basic common courtesy here too.  Thanks, Jim.  Along with Colin's Tourneys, this kind of thing makes lockdown life that little bit easier.

Jim_Campbell

Big thanks also due to Woolly, for so generously donating a prize for our inaugural competition!

Colin YNWA

And the reason I apologised before was I thought I'd posted this here before I thank Jim. Turns out I'd posted it in the 'Last Movie Watched' thread... don't ask me!

QuoteGosh was not expexcting that. Jim's is better and that's not false modesty that FACT - see I typed it in capitals so it is. And Shark split his vote with so many great pictures - though come on people that 'Don't piss here' was the winner there surely.

Well done to all and thanks to Jamie Smart for being so brilliant that I could just copy his work.

I will take brides if you have a topic for the next round that you want me to nominate... mind have three ideas already... I'll get them to you in the morning Jim when I've slept on it.

Except I've sent Jim my ideas already and I'm married and so informed I can't take brides...

JayzusB.Christ

Yep, of course - fair play to you, Woolly, you're a star.

Barrington Boots

Yep, this was ace. Congrats Colin, thanks to all who participated and Jim for putting it together. Really enjoyed this.
You're a dark horse, Boots.

Rogue Judge

Congrats to the winners, great sketches - And congrats Colin for taking the big prize!

Looking forward to the next one