Main Menu

Jake Lynch or Mike McMahon - Artists Ryder Cup Current vs Classic - Tie 17

Started by Colin YNWA, 25 May, 2021, 06:26:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

I, Cosh

Nothing wrong with Lynch's art at all but it still feels more the sum of its influences than its own thing. McMahon got bored of doing some of the best comic art ever and invented Howler. Which was even better.

Lynch 0 - 5 McMahon
We never really die.

Dog Deever

Lynch 4 McMahon 1

It would have been a 5- nil drubbing tbh, but McMahon's early awesomeness bags him a point from me.
Just a little rough and tumble, Judge man.

Colin YNWA

Last day here. There's very little middle ground on this one. Very few 3:2s the vast majority of votes are 4 : 1s and most of those one way. If you wish to add to that today is the day to do it and I'll count that up in the morning.

So that said I too want to add to the most popular vote here.This is no slight to Jake Lynch at. He has growned in front of us into a fantastic artist. Not just one Dredd but also his work on Proteus Vex was fantastic and boy can he turn in a wonderful cover. The only thing is he drew Mike McMahon. MIKE -CHUFFIN' - McMAHON one of my top 3 artists on the Prog. Sorry Jake, getting a point is a mighty achievement for any artist.

Jake Lynch 1 : Mike McMahon 4

sintec

Yeah this one is not really a fair fight for Jake. Will have to agree with the consensus and go:

McMahon 4 : Lynch 1

Jake Lynch

@ArtDroid_Lynch

The Enigmatic Dr X

I am not, and never have been, a fan of McMahon. For reasons which would get me banned, but which are summed up by describing Dredd's boot as made out of Brio blocks.

So Lynch all the way
Lock up your spoons!

milstar

Quote from: The Enigmatic Dr X on 27 May, 2021, 10:21:44 PM
I am not, and never have been, a fan of McMahon. For reasons which would get me banned, but which are summed up by describing Dredd's boot as made out of Brio blocks.

Me neither. His art in Day the Law Died or Cursed Earth is like big elephant in the room. And his Dredd doesn't look like Dredd at all. Although he improved in later years, I can't stand artists with thin, loose pencils.
Reyt, you lot. Shut up, belt up, 'n if ye can't see t' bloody exit, ye must be bloody blind.

Colin YNWA

VOTING CLOSED

Well when an artist himself pops in to vote for the other talent here we have to listen ... even if its a bit awkward. I hope Jake looked at the vote and even while so many favoured Mike McMahon he saw how clear it was that there was so much love for him... in most case more then he gave himself!

As it is though the headline here is that Current Teams brief lead is closed and we're tied again. Classic Team have stopped Current Teams momentum the question is can they start to build some momentum of their own?

Current Team 8.5 : Classic Team 8.5

Current Team 768 : Classic Team 841

Dog Deever

Quote from: milstar on 27 May, 2021, 10:29:13 PM
...I can't stand artists with thin, loose pencils.

neatly stacked Joiners Pencils only, I take it?

Quote from: Colin YNWA
Well when an artist himself pops in to vote for the other talent here we have to listen ... 

Alternately, it could be viewed as a deliberate attempt to rig the vote toward McMahon and should be discounted as entirely fraudulent.
5 points off McMahon...
:lol:
Just a little rough and tumble, Judge man.

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Dog Deever on 28 May, 2021, 02:30:10 PM

Quote from: Colin YNWA
Well when an artist himself pops in to vote for the other talent here we have to listen ... 

Alternately, it could be viewed as a deliberate attempt to rig the vote toward McMahon and should be discounted as entirely fraudulent.
5 points off McMahon...
:lol:

Stop the count, stop the count...