Main Menu

Forthcoming Thrills - 2022

Started by Dash Decent, 20 July, 2021, 01:13:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

broodblik

Coming to the meg in September:

More action and adventure in the future-shocked world of Judge Dredd! Continuing the undead event from 2000 AD Prog 2300, this issue sees Johnny Alpha attempt to recruit allies to take on the zombie menace in stories by Ken Niemand, Leigh Gallagher, Gordon Rennie, Dan Cornwell, Liam Johnson, Conor Boyle, Mike Carroll, Steve Yeowell and more; and in the bagged supplement this month former art editor Robin Smith reveals roughs and sketches behind some of 2000 AD's most iconic covers in an exclusive collection of never-before-seen concept artwork!

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Dash Decent

- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

Dash Decent

Quote from: Dash Decent on 14 February, 2022, 01:31:03 PM
Apocalypse War Dossier - Paperback (novel), 440 pages, 8th November 2022
By John Ware

Mega City One it's a powderkeg waiting to blow on its best day.

There isn't a moment when tentions aren't running high and the City isn't ready to crack.

But there's something new going on something, something bad it's a block war. It's Block Mania and no one is immune, not even the Judges.

But this is all prelude to invasion.

The East-Meg One Sov's have infected Mega City One with Block-Mania to throw the city into massive, bloody turf wars.

There are troops on the ground, bombs are dropping and the Mega City One is on fire.

And the Judges are drawing the line and Mega City One is about to burn.

Apocalypse War tells the on the ground stories of the Judges in Mega City One during the events of epic Block Mania and Apocalyse War story arch.

Cover update:

- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

SmallBlueThing(Reborn)

Well, that's all a bit exciting.

SBT

broodblik

Cover for the Strontium Dog: The Son Webshop Exlusive Hardback:

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Max Headroom

'Strontium Dog: The Son' features the following stories:

The Son
Once Upon A Time In Der Vest
The 'Nobody Wants This Job' Job
Max Bubba Hadn't Killed Wulf
Valhalla
Sleeping Dogs Lie

Only one of these has been reprinted before - the 'What If? Max Bubba story'. The Judge Dredd story 'By Private Contract' did not make it in.
I have just pre-ordered my copy of the exclusive Webshop hardcover.

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: Max Headroom on 29 June, 2022, 08:31:23 PM
Only one of these has been reprinted before...

Only if you don't count the Hachette books! Shame about 'By Private Contract' though.
@jamesfeistdraws

Dash Decent

That looks good.  I wish they'd announced it sooner.  I pre-ordered the standard copy when it was listed in March because I got a discount code.  I might see if I can cancel it...
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

broodblik

The Astounding Jason Hyde coming Wednesday 31st of August 2022:

Richard

Disappointing that "By Private Contract" didn't make it into The Son. It's the only omission from the series of SD graphic novels.

sheridan

Never heard of Jason Hyde before - anybody know any more?  Not one of those art droids people think of immediately, but Eric's work appeared in a couple of the first batch of progs I ever read so will always be one of the classic line-up of creators to me.  Scream! helped as well!

Magnetica

Quote from: broodblik on 29 June, 2022, 06:40:21 PM
Cover for the Strontium Dog: The Son Webshop Exlusive Hardback:

That was poster from a Prog. I had it on my wall as a child for years.

PsychoGoatee

Quote from: Richard on 06 July, 2022, 12:11:35 PM
Disappointing that "By Private Contract" didn't make it into The Son. It's the only omission from the series of SD graphic novels.

For sure. Just in case anybody doesn't know, that is in the Dredd Guatemala book at least.

Any Wagner news for upcoming thrills? I know there's The Citadel and Surfer recently.

broodblik

Karl The Viking - Vol Two - Webshop Exclusive (7 December):

IndigoPrime

That's some lovely cover art.