Main Menu

FFT - ROUND of 16 - Halo Jones vs Fiends of the Eastern Front - Heat 03

Started by Colin YNWA, 17 August, 2022, 06:10:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin YNWA

Sponsored by 2000ad in Stages* - see links below.

Halo Jones - more info

VS

Fiends of the Eastern Front - more info

Can Fiends pull off one of the shocks of the Tourney so far here? It's arguably done well to make it this far. But the Halo Jone's ballard - as I keep editing out for some reason - will leave Costanza sick as a parrot rather than a giant bat?

Form book - Thrill vanquished to date (in order of round met earliest to latest):

Halo Jones: Timehouse; Numbercruncher; Mind of Wolfie Smith; Shakara
Fiends: Bob Byrne's; Twisted Tales; Revere; Angelic; VCs

Round 6 - or "Round of 16" as folks seem to like to call the last 16 these days (?!?) will feature just one thrill a day. I'd like to pretend this is to give these epic thrills more space and time to be commented on... but really it's to buy myself a bit of extra time to plan what comes next!

To Vote Just reply in this thread naming your favourite thrill of these two series at the beginning of your post (or use Bold tags so I can spot it easily) and say what you like about these wonderful stories after that.

Match ends early on the morning of Saturday 20th August and the winner gets a place in the Quarter Finals.

What on Earth is ALL of this?

For those that need 'um and can be bothered to follow 'um there's some simple rules

Any questions, just ask as ever - and have FUN!

*Important Note - this is done with neither permission, or money changing hands (damnit). Apologies for the former, I also meant to do this much earlier but... well ya know how it is...

Funt Solo

Maybe IP can fix the rift in reality that's allowed Brink to twist itself here in place of Fiends?

Much as I love the high concept of mashing together WWII and vampires, and even the modern pseudo-Mignola version (drifted quite far from the original template now), it cannot compete with The Ballad of Halo Jones from the Grand Wizard.
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

broodblik

Funt summed it up perfectly but I am trying to keep of the Jones here, so it is Halo
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

SmallBlueThing(Reborn)

A moderator type person needs to change that header post haste, or this could get ugly. Halo it is.

Unless Fiends is really Brink, in which case the answer is Brink.

SBT

Colin YNWA

WHOOPS - copy and paste FAIL!

Sorry folks yes it is Fiends of the Eastern (or any other) Front NOT Brink.

Sorry about that folks...

Trooper McFad

Citizens are Perps who haven't been caught ... yet!

Colin YNWA

rogue69

Magnetica

I somehow think Halo Jones isn't quite up there with some of the other big guns and so this might be the last time I vote for it in this tournament, but for now it's good enough.

davidbishop

AlexF

I do love that first series of Fiends but even that one isn't a patch on Halo Jones.

abelardsnazz

Halo was great but as I'm a huge fan of the original series, Fiends of the Eastern Front.

BPP

Even tho I voted shakara last time round it's Halo this time out.
If I'd known it was harmless I would have killed it myself.

http://futureshockd.wordpress.com/

http://twitter.com/#!/FutureShockd