Main Menu

Repeat Offenders - Mills and Langley's graphic novel/film producton company

Started by Emperor, 30 June, 2010, 02:57:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Emperor

I have been keeping my eye on this since the news in 2008 that Pat Mills had set up a company to produce graphic novels with Clint Lnagley with the idea of turning them into films. Then Pete Wells posted the link to the newly launched site and I suggested a new thread. Well this is it.

The site:
www.repeatoffenders.co.uk

I was going to give some background to this but bunged Rich Johnston a PM with the link and some background and his post on that... draws heavily on what I wrote so you may as well read it over there:

www.bleedingcool.com/2010/06/30/american-reaper-on-first-sfx-usa-cover-for-san-diego-launch/

As I said on the other thread - someone needs to drop the mayor a line about War Dog for his initial opinions on its Slaine-osity rating. Also does anyone know if Dinosty is creator owned?
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+

Pete Wells

Some of the stuff on there looks great doesn't it? When I was exchanging emails with Clint the other night I asked him about Repeat Offenders and noticed he didn't mention it in his reply...

Maybe we'll get some official news soon...

Emperor

if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

ThryllSeekyr

Thats news to me! :o

Sure, that reminds me of Slaine, but the trademark name means as much to me as the familar looking image.

ThryllSeekyr

Sorry for the double post, but thought I would bump this topic back up to the top for abit.

I was probably abit too hastly with my last assumption on this Slaine-like Wardog character whom I may or may not assume is another old 2000AD indentity.

If I didn't know better I'd say they were combining both characters there, but really can't be sure until they show more.

Noting the actual Slaine poster picture on that site taken straight from the Books of Invasions, but  I doubt that means any more than promotional advertising for the Pat Mills/Clint Lanely team themselves working on their other combined creations.

However, It's interesting to see Dinosty up there. Which looks truly promicing.

I'm stilll shocked to read that the Pat Mills/Clint Lanely now appear to be making films out of thier work.

Repeat Offenders

I never saw that coming.

So I wonder if this ever means that the Slaine that I know will make it to the big screen. 

Emperor

Quote from: Emperor on 30 June, 2010, 02:57:04 PMAlso does anyone know if Dinosty is creator owned?

I asked Pat about this (along with other questions about who owns the Crisis material) and he says that he was just told by management that he owned it, along with one either ABC Warriors or Ro-Busters story (looking through the stories I'm pretty sure it was the Ro-Busters "The Terra-Meks").

Interestingly Dinosty was published in 1994 and most of the series with disputed ownership come from the late 80s early 90s period (Zenith, Luke Kirby, etc.) with suggestions of lost or even non-existent contracts. The suggestion is the situation might be similar at with the Crisis material at Egmont and pushing to see the paperwork might result in some stories being handed over (but it'd take quite a bit of time and effort with no guarantee of success. Of course, if there was a lawyer amongst us...).

TordelBack

Pat also said that the Wardog was something "entirely different" to Slaine, and the accompanying Langley illo was just character concept or someat.  Raises eyebrow.

Emperor

Quote from: TordelBack on 08 July, 2010, 03:05:31 PM
Pat also said that the Wardog was something "entirely different" to Slaine, and the accompanying Langley illo was just character concept or someat.  Raises eyebrow.

Indeed - I think someone asked him if it was a little too Slaine-y. The impression was that whatever emerges from Wardog will be rather different to that... placeholder?