Main Menu

Please, Tharg.... cont'd.

Started by JamieB, 25 June, 2002, 06:15:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JamieB

From Col. Marbles:-

"Still, it is frankly a *catastrophe* that large swathes of the 2k story can never be reprinted - which is the gist of what people are saying if I've correctly interpreted all that's been said here ? "

No, no, no. The film for some parts of 2K is missing, but can be sourced from an astonishing variety of places, not least the 2K archive which also contains 2K's own reprints of things. Even when film isn't available, scanning is a possibility; although there is generally a loss of quality in comparison to film. However, scanning is pretty expensive (to get done properly, at least); which leads us to your next point.

"Give high quality reprints are out of the question, I still don't see why they can't scan the originals as best they can, reprint 'em on cheapo paper and bung 'em out in big fat volumes in 'Essentials' style. People will accept the poor quality for completeness if the price is right ??"

Because the scanning pretty much ensures that the price *isn't* right, and *won't ever be* right.

From Arthur Wyatt:-

"Titan reprinted a lot of B&W Dredd, any chance of seeing that anytime soon? My personal preference would be for books covering the major early Dredd storylines - The Cursed Earth, Judge Cal, The Apocalypse War, The Judge Child, hopefully not split up into slim volumes."

Following Judge Dredd feat. Judge Death, there's an as-complete-as-possible Cursed Earth hardback about to hit stores, soon to be followed with a complete Judge Cal hardback - and no doubt the Apoc War and Judge Child will follow next year, in the same format.

"I believe there is a was book combining Nemesis books 1-3 already, it would be nice to see this again as well as maybe some large volumes covering the later books of nemesis (I'd love to see the Talbot stuff again, for instance)"

All in good time! "Death to All Aliens" (hardcover) will collect (likely as not, now) the old Titan Books 1&2 - i.e. Nemesis Books 1 & 3 (avoiding Jesus Redondo's book 2). There will be more Nemesis subsequently.

"Also I'd be very interested in seeing Alan Moore's Twisted Times and Alan Moore's Shocking Futures - or whatever they were called - combined into a single volume. Given his popularity this would seem pretty commercially viable."

Naturally. With a little luck, this will make an appearance next year.

*J*

Smiley

Regarding Cursed Earth - complete as possible.

Surely this won't include the banned episodes.

If it does..  WOO-HOO!

Art

"Following Judge Dredd feat. Judge Death, there's an as-complete-as-possible Cursed Earth hardback about to hit stores, soon to be followed with a complete Judge Cal hardback - and no doubt the Apoc War and Judge Child will follow next year, in the same format."

Ooh. This makes me very happy. Personally I'd prefer reasonably priced and with good notes to hardback, though presumably the binding will be better so Iguess that makes up for it.

""Death to All Aliens" (hardcover) will collect (likely as not, now) the old Titan Books 1&2 - i.e. Nemesis Books 1 & 3 (avoiding Jesus Redondo's book 2). There will be more Nemesis subsequently. "

Groovey. Just so long as we don't get midway through and then give up on the idea... I want the whole lot :-)

Good news on the Alan Moore collection too.

I have a feeling a lot of my spare money will be going to Titan in the next year.

Art

I would assume no including the banned episodes is whats meant by "complete as possible". From what I've heard its pretty much unavoidable.

paulvonscott

I can't believe they are STILL going to miss out Redondo's Nemesis book 2.  A piss poor decision if ever there was one.

Stu

wtf is wrong with book 2? Why not release them in the right order?

Oddboy

TOO DARN RIGHT!!
Why leave out Book II?  I finished reading it (from the progs rather than a reprint book) last night and it was good!  I like Redondo's art, and I don't think the story was sub standard at all so I don't know why they should miss it off... it makes as much sense as someone publishing The Lord Of The Rings in one volume but leaving out The Two Towers.
Releasing the rest of the entire series suggests that they're aiming at the 'Completist Attitudes' market rather than an average passerby on the street browser punter and us Completists don't like it when it's not Complete.

Anyone got prog 113?
Better set your phaser to stun.

JamieB

Nemesis: DTAA has *not* been finalised yet. Consider your opinions on Book 2 - charm notwithstanding - duly noted. I'll pass them on when we put the book together.

*J*

Trout

Casting my vote in favour of Nemesis reprints in the right order and due recognition for Redondo's under-rated work.

- Completist Trout

JamieB

Quite correct. CF Jason K's interview with Comics International earlier in the year, which pretty much clarified the situation re: the banned episodes.

*J*

Oddboy

In fact - I'd like to stake my approval of Redondo's work by requesting a complete RETURN TO ARMAGEDDON book.
Better set your phaser to stun.

paulvonscott

Yeah and smarm not withstanding, what do we have to do to get the point across?

Art

I'd certainly sooner have Book II included than, say, a shiny hardback cover.

christophe

Dear JamieB

please use this opportunity to reprint the books in the correct order and include Redondo's book II.

amicalement

Christophe.

ukdane

Cheers

-Daney