Main Menu

Judgement Day of the Dead.

Started by DavidXBrunt, 24 April, 2002, 05:38:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DavidXBrunt

I've just finished reading these two strongly connected stories. I bought 2k when 'Judgement Day' came out so this wasn't new but I was surprised how much I'd forgotten and how good it was. This is pretty good stuff. But where was Anderson? Any thoughts on the story?

When I bought a run of the Meg recently I'd started wondering what the other characters in Dredds world were up to during 'Judgement Day' so when I found out when Armitage 'Day of the Dead' was set I decided to skip forwards and read that. I'm guessing there were some elements of the story that I didn't get because I hadn't read the flashbacks. An I right? What did you all think of it by the way?

Oddboy

There was a Missionary Man 1 episode story in the Meg in which he met a zombie that was still going after Judgement Day... drinking whiskey in a Cursed Earth saloon (aparently he'd been missing the bottle while he'd been buried & would rather drink then kill).
Cain said he was 'working' that day & it showed a picture of him wading through corpses guns a-blazin'.
Wasn't Anderson on Mars at the time?  Just before she became a space-tramp.
Better set your phaser to stun.

DavidXBrunt

Cool I'll look out for that. If you know the title or the issue that'd be good.

Anderson hadn't appeared in the meg by the time it was published. if those later stories are set in the gap it'd explain a thing or two.

Oddboy

No, you're absolutely right!
Where the sneck was she?
Perhaps she'd done her quota of disaster stories or maybe she's in a better union than Dredd?
Better set your phaser to stun.

DavidXBrunt

When I get onto those stories I'll check exactly when they're set.