Main Menu

Dredd Plus - The collection?

Started by DavidXBrunt, 17 May, 2002, 04:52:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DavidXBrunt

Anybody think a collection of the stories in which Dredd meets another character from the mag would be a good thing?

There's 'Top Dogs' in which Dredd faces off against Johnny and Wulf. 'Hammerstein' which requires no explanation. Prog 900 had a 28(?) tale with Rogue Trooper. Together they make about 90 pages. They could add in the Devlin Waugh story 'Brief Encounter' or something like that.

Maybe they could also have little bios of the characters. It might boost sales on the other collections because there must be people that only know Dredd.

The Amstor Computer

Not sure about that one - Top Dogs & Brief Encounter are both fun stories, but Hammerstein & the Rogue crossover both stunk.
The idea of introducing readers to other characters is sound - I just don't know whether the stories here make the grade.

BTW - on a similar note, I always fancied a Dredd "Greatest Hits" collection. Bundle some of the shorter stories featuring classic Dredd villains into one bumper collection - Judge Death, The Return of Rico, The Fink, or even Chopper - Unamerican Graffiti/The Midnight Surfer - and Satanus - his section from the Cursed Earth epic.

Think of it as Helter Skelter Redux :-D

paulvonscott

Surely to do a better version of Helter Skelter all you need do is take any random Dredd story, cut up some old progs and stick other characters randomly in the story and crudely draw on speech bubbles.

Trout

I've always wanted to do that.

I did it once with The Broons.

MikeD

red_lichtie

Surely cutting and pasting the Broons just gives you the bog standard weekly Broons episode. After all, the plots are recycled that often its insane.

RL

Trout

Plots plural? No!

Poor Daphne...

MikeD

red_lichtie

Yes. Admittedly it is a shock to discover that there is more than one plot in the Broons, it is true. Compare the 1940's Broons with the 1950's Broons and you'll see multiple plots. Okay there is always only one plot per strip but at least there is a plot.

RL

red_lichtie

The ultimate crossover - Judge Dredd vs the Beano and Dandy. Hi Ex meets Cowpie!

RL