Main Menu

Stupid pranks you;ve played.

Started by DavidXBrunt, 04 April, 2008, 10:01:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DavidXBrunt

I was playing Chess with my nephew this afternoon (we dress 2-2) when we were interupted by a service call from Virgin.

"Is that your little one?" Asked the besuited fellah, trying to ingratiate, commenting on what he'd seen through the terraced house front window.

"Huh?" I said, feigning ignorance.

"The little blonde kid?"

"I don't know who yuo mean"

By now he was looking worried. Matthew had heard what I was saying. He ducked down behind the chair so that when the guy looked past there were no kids.

I asked was this kid wearing brown. An affirmative came so I started telling him about the ghost of teh street and how people who are gifted can see him. He went pale, genuinely seemed to believe me and was panicked when Matthers walked out slowly waving.

Silly and possibly cruel but I'm proud of him for playing along and love that he knew what to do. Of course no body in the family thought it was funny but there you go.

ThryllSeekyr

While trolling You-Tube for some Celtic Folk Rock.
 I found a trailer for this new game.

It will be in stores next month. Not that they are saying much about it at the moment. Though I was thinking a few years back while playing one of the lastest Jedi Knight games and after having just sampled 'GTA: Liberty City'. Both game engines combined might make a fantastic 'Highlander' game based on the first movie.  The only one that was ever good.  At this stage, I am not sure if the game has taken this direction. Though, I imagine that it should alteast have a good combat engine. Theses days since playing games like 'Path of Neo' and 'Rogue Trooper'. The possibilities are more boundless.

Bad news is that you won't get to be Connor and there will be no Kurgan, as well.

As turnes out that there is a third, previously unknown Macleod who happens to be immortal as well...

Link: http://www.highlanderthegame.com/" target="_blank">There can be only one!!!

Roger Godpleton

When I was about 11 I pretended to faint in the playground. When the supervising teacher came over to tell me off it was obvious that I'd (unwittingly) hit a nerve.
He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

House of Usher

Once, in a chat room, I played along with a ruse that a 2000ad artdroid had shuffled off this mortal coil, and I was able to further mythologise his departure on account of the fact that we live in the same town and I had, genuinely, spoken to him very recently, and knew in which newspaper his obituary would have appeared, and offered to send a copy of said paper to the fellow who started the joke.

Remember that one, DxB ? - (you're a seriously messed up dude!)

:D
STRIKE !!!

WoD

College was prank central for some people and it got a bit tit-for-tat at times.  We once made someones furniture dissapear, and placed everything on the floor (books, bedding, TV, stereo, etc.) as if they had just floated down when the furniture had vanished.  That looked pretty good.

In turn he decided that it was all down to one person and we then filled that person's room with a skip full of shredded paper found round the back of an office building.

And so it went on.

Mike Carroll

Not so much a prank as an act of silent vigilantism...

Shortly after I joined a large company that shall remain nameless I was moved from the open-plan cubicle floor into a smaller office with only three other people.

They were nice and friendly for the most part, with one drawback: First thing every morning the manager received a call from his counterpart in one of the overseas branches. Our manager would put the call on the speaker so that we could all listen in, then once the call was done they'd spend ages mocking the guy's rather poor English and his thick Chinese accent. They called him "Ah-so" and so on. It was all very 1970s Benny Hill, only a lot more cruel.

I hate this sort of thing but because I was new to the company and still in my probation period I didn't do or say anything to let them know how I felt. But one day I'd had enough: I brought in a framed photo of me with my Chinese-American friend Tanya and kept it in my drawer. Then the overseas call came in, and as usual when it was done my colleagues embarked on their now-standard trick of mimicking and over-exaggerating the Chinese guy's accent.

I gave them a couple of minutes then subtly took the photo out of the drawer and put it on my desk.

It was another minute or so before two of them spotted the photo and immediately shut up. The manager, unfortunately, was sitting at the wrong angle to see the photo and he "hilariously" wittered on for quite a while until he gradually became aware that the other two had mysteriously gone silent.

After that the phone calls were always taken privately and they never again mocked his accent for as long as I was with the company.

Naturally, if they'd asked me about the photo I'd have told them that she was just an old friend, but since they didn't have the intestinal fortitude to even apologise for their behaviour I just let them assume that she was my wife.

-- Mike

Floyd-the-k

DXB, your prank reminds me of a great Saki story, in  which a similar prank is perpetrated on a nervous visitor by a little girl.
  The closest I come to pranks is telling telemarketers from the Phillipines or India (or Australia for that matter) that there is a statutory fee of fifty dollars an hour for unsolicited phone calls and that if they continue with the phone call they will incur the fee. I usually start by asking them how they'll pay me.

My only ever successful prank was when I was in high school and was unintentional. I called my dad to come and pick me up after the saturday sports session and said in a Russian villain accent "we have your son. Come to the school of you want to see him alive". My Dad said "Right" and slammed down the phone. I sat happily on the school fence, swinging my legs, thinking about lunch. Dad tore up and asked if I was alright, since he'd had a worrying phone call from a man with a Scottish accent (obviously my Russian accent is good enough to not sound like me, but not otherwise very good). I'd thought he knew it was me.

mogzilla

my nephew got his mates to ring my elderly mum inlaw and tell her they had him and wanted a ransom...

on ye olde april fools this year i sent a mms to my sister from an unknown number with a pic i got from orange "from "the metropolitan police saying the phone was reported as stolen and srvice would be terminated...i dont think shes talking to me.

Years ago as a lowly yts in a day centre for adults with learnind disabilitys we had a nurse who FREAKED (and puked )at the first sign of sputum or any bodily fluid from above the belt...sooo we saved a polystyrene cup and made our own sputum pot full of mushy peas,pva glue washing up liquid and a bit of sputumfor good measure.left it on the table,called the nurse in and bolted locking her in on our way out.

all you could hear was her wrestling with the door and retching ...

actually i'm quite proud of that one!

Cthulouis

Once my dad was very ill, and was bed bound for a few weeks.

On one of these days, when my brother came home from school, dad pretended to be dead.

This scared my brother shitless, and he brings it up from time to time as one of the most traumatizing times of his life.

Dad still thinks it was funny.

Trout

I've got a few stories of daft jokes, but one that comes to mind now is a slightly accidental prank.

For a laugh, I sent a text message to my mate's land line. Knowing it would be read out by a robot voice, I made it weird and creepy.

It was to the effect of, "Give yourself to the dark lord Satan! I'll swallow your soul!"

Unfortunately, my mate wasn't in and the message was recorded on his answering machine, where his girlfriend discovered it and was extremely freaked out.

The happy ending was the whole thing was explained by the mobile number attached for reference. They looked it up on a phone and saw it was mine.

Then they recorded the message and used it as a greeting on their PC. Huzzah!

- Trout

SamuelAWilkinson

I take it this wasn't during the time Tom Baker was reading out landline text messages, Trout?
Nobody warned me I would be so awesome.

the shutdown man

A few years ago, my mate got a new phone, and it was a relatively new idea at the time that you could make voice recordings on it and use them as ring tones. So we're in the pub, he goes to the jacks, leaving his new phone on the table, and another friend picks up the phone and makes a recording of himself shouting "WARNING! WARNING! SEX OFFENDER! SEX OFFENDER! WARNING!" Sets it as the ringtone and doesn't say a word. I think he was on the bus when the phone went off.

You're at the precipice Tony, of an enormous crossroads.

Peter Wolf

Setting the fire alarms off in McDonalds so that the whole store has to be evacuated.

I smashed the glass in the red box on the wall

"Break glass here"

Ok then.
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

SamuelAWilkinson

There's pranks and there's vandalism, and never the twain shall meet.
Nobody warned me I would be so awesome.

ThryllSeekyr

There was once a time when escalators used to have a stop button on a control panel that's basically just waiting for anyone to push.

I think I was about six or seen years old when I decidea to do just this in department store ( Myers or GraceBrothers.) in Adelaide, South Australia.

Anyway, it stops and everybody turnes around and looks dwon at me. Perturbed and annoyed that they have to make the rest of their journey on their own feet.

I was embarassed when this happened. Receiving all this unwelcome stares from everybody. I was probably thinking that this was the button to press to 'Speed Up' escalator instead of 'Stop'.

The Techician had to be summoned to switch the stairs back on using keys. Every thing went back to normal and everybody resummed shopping.

Since that time I have noticed that escalators in general have been modified with concealed control panels.

Though, I am pretty sure this isn't alone on my account.

Link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Escalator" target="_blank">The Wiki's history of the Escalator

http://www.bbc.co.uk/nottingham/content/images/2005/12/01/escalators_470_470x313.jpg">