Main Menu

These things I like.

Started by DavidXBrunt, 24 March, 2009, 10:16:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TordelBack

Quotefor me truly a specail place. I LIKE.makes me smile to even speak of it.

Awesome.  While by no means the modern-day Ahasuerus that Devon's Daddy is, I have one of those too.  It's a kaffenion on the harbour front at Katapola, on the island of Amorgos in the Small Cyclades, just down from the local ferry dock.  While there is another dock at Aegiali on the other end of the island, pretty much everyone and everything has to come or go by that spot eventually.  You can sit and watch tractors and blond Swedish backpackers, palettes of water and herds of goats, shower units and black-hatted Orthodox priests shuttling by silhouetted against the blue sky and bluer Aegean as you sip your Nes and wish that this country's only flaw wasn't its vile taste in coffee.  Although I was only there for one week four years ago, like DD I go there in my head whenever things start to get especially crap.

Dandontdare

Damn you all - I'm really hungry now thanks to you lot and Mr Goggans chilli dog!

Quote from: "eggonlegs"noise (weeveling),
Q: what's weeveling?

(leaves to find snack)

mogzilla

Quote from: "dandontdare"
Quote from: "Bouwel"I'm from Llandudno.
Quote from: "Bouwel"Going to Manchester and sitting somewhere with an ice-cream and watching the world go by.
Ah that explains it! Bet you're hypnotised by all the crowds and flashing lights, eh?  :D It's not quite as spectacular if you live here, but I do actually love this city and I thank Grud daily that I don't have to live daaaaahn saaaarf, so add that to the list.

and also:
Ginger Beer
Amsterdam
Leaving the alarm set at weekend so I can wake up and THEN go back to sleep
Roast beef, roast spuds, yorkshire pud and thick gravy.
Sid Meier's Civilaztion games
The enormous feeling of physical well-being following a perfect shit
The pre-Raphaelite and Victorian paintings in Manchester City Gallery, particularly the Rossetti ones and Sappho by Charles-August Mengin, whom I visit from time to time

following on from the perfect shit...the immense sense of relief from a REALLY full bladder

mogzilla

Quote from: "Tweak72"Mrs Tweak

Comic shops

Complete DVD Box sets

Mixing

Audio books or radio series (most recent buy: Complete BBC Earthsearch)

Mrs Tweak

Most of the time, here.

That first decent cup of filter coffee.

mrs tweak was watching wasnt she?

mogzilla

...and now the beginning of my list.

my daughter doing silly little dances or winning at "kerwhiz" on the cbeebies website...in fact any thing my daughter is involved in unless shes being a grumpy git.

creosote oil
fresh coffee
fresh bread
second hand shops especially book shops.
ivor the engine
half term
all school holidays! (i work term time)
bacon butty day at work
karen's bacon butties at work ( bacon sausage and egg and i can cajole the occasional mushroom off her )
the barry manilow scene in hellboy 2
leaning out of an open window and just taking it all in.
beating wesker in resi 5
being a dad and hubby
our rabbitt "paddington" doing her little dance when i feed her
rain at night on the conservatory roof.
chilli
chunky chicken and chips with loads of salt and vinegar and tomato sauce....on a butty.
threads like this
harry hill
the shark on harry hill's tv burp

i'll be back.... :)

Roger Godpleton

J-Pop. Even the sappy ballads are awesome.
He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

JOE SOAP

Old 2000ADs.

Chip butties.

Drawing cocks on the roof of my parents house.

vzzbux

Shagging a fit bird then noticing her even fitter mother licking your balls.

V
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

ThryllSeekyr

Vegemite with lots of butter --which isn't good for you, but It's the only way I eat the stuff because of the strong taste.-- on toast or just fresh bread.