Main Menu

Is it true reading Slaine...

Started by DavidXBrunt, 16 August, 2009, 10:05:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

James Stacey

COMMANDO FORCES

Quote from: The Satanist on 17 August, 2009, 07:54:46 AM
I used to like Slaine and used to be gay but had to give them both up as they made my eyes water.

Jealousy will always stop me becoming gay. There is no way I can go out with a bloke who has a bigger penis than me :D

James Stacey

Quote from: COMMANDO FORCES on 17 August, 2009, 04:42:14 PM
Jealousy will always stop me becoming gay. There is no way I can go out with a bloke who has a bigger penis than me :D
And no point going out with someone with a smaller penis ?

Roger Godpleton

So you only go out with women who have smaller breasts than you as well?
He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

House of Usher

I had to read some Plato once and write two essays about it. It made me ill.
STRIKE !!!

Peter Wolf

Quote from: locustsofdeath on 17 August, 2009, 03:56:17 PM
That may not be far off - don't we often hate what we fear or don't understand. Most of the homophobes I've run into are ultra-macho guys, and when they make comments against gays, it's usually in a very angry and hate way. Why? No release? Jealous that others can be open about it? I don't know if homophobia leads to homosexuality, but I have to think the other way round might be true.

Anyway, I'll shut up now. This topic isn;t nearly as important as which hair products Slaine uses, or where he purchases his stylish loincloths.

I am not Gay but the amount of times in the past i have been asked if i am Gay by "ultra-macho guys" you would not believe because i dont fit into a typical male stereotype or act like one.I am big without being particularly macho but i am not effeminate particularly or at all but it confuses them and if you are different in any way to them then you *must* be Gay as it goes without saying.

This tends to happen a lot with males who are shall we say are from a certain social strata of society.

It makes me wonder how many of them are in the closet since they certainly seem to be obsessed with the subject.
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

TordelBack

This place is getting more like Craigslist every day.

Peter Wolf

I need to get a little yappy dog and take it for walks around the locality and my home is soooo badly in need of a makeover.Theres a new shop that has opened down the road and it has THE most gorgeous lampshades in the window.

And dont you start.........

Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

ThryllSeekyr

Quoting Davvid X Brunt at August 16, 2009, 10:05:48 AM.......        
QuoteI was reading a scientific journal recently and read a theory that a particular interest in, or long term exposure to comics about barbarians who wear loin clothes is the only connecting factor between Oscar Wilde, the gangster Lattlay Fottfoy, scary man Derren Brown, and Purple People Eater star Neil Patrick Harris. It went on to postulate that regularly reading comics such as Slaine might make you gay.

Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Any thoughts?
It might have contributed to my un poppularity with the opposite sex. Actulley it was laort of geeky things I done in th eoast and stuill now that might also have contributed to my social standing with faier sex. Like reading comics in general, playing role playing games, computer games, collecting action fgures. Not playing enought sport, not being a particulally good dancer. On the other sie of the coin, I have also done alot that might have made me more favourable to the opposite sex.
I don't think it has made me gay,
'I don't feel gay while I reading Slaine. I feel Celtic reading Slaine. It makes feel like that should be a connection, a direct bllodline from me to the emerald island, if not Celtic roylty, or even Slaine himself. Though they say that anybody with Irish blood is Irish royalty. .
I don't feel gay looking at Slaine's body. It arouses the iamgination and curiosity about what he stands for. It's just picture, I might as well be looking at a photo of a muscle car, except I do have a interest in this.    
Since I started reading Slaine,  for the seocnd time. It has perked my interest in ancient civilisations,
Celtic myths, Alien dark gods, deities and stuff like that.Sorry, if the human interest quotient doesn't
attract my attention so much.

Quoting Legendary Shark at August 16, 2009, 05:10:12 PM

QuoteNow I'm completely lost.

Am I gay or aren't I?
I don't think any Gay references should be soley directed at Slaine. Every body here
reads comics and for a long time there been this they have been associated with
worshipping heros wering skin tight suits that don't leave much to the imagination
Wether they be boys or girls looking up to Superman, Batman, Spiderman, Wonder
woman, Black Cat, Isis. Don't just blame Slaine for this influencing our sexual pref
erences.    

I wouldn't hold comcis respobcible for our sexual atttitudes at all. Although our tast in material might be a result of this attitude.
I sued to buy R.Crumb, Cherry Poptart, and occasionally thsoe other x-rated comcis.

Quoting David X Brunt at August 17, 2009, 12:57:16 AM         
QuoteSecond page...no Thryllseeker...somethings wrong
Well,  here I am. but I was goggling for the "Twelve Doors  of Eternity" among many other things. Looking for the link I found a few weeks ago about Celtic Martial Arts..

Quoting Tordalback at August 17, 2009, 07:52:27 AM.....         
QuoteQuote
Second page...no Thryllseeker...somethings wrong.
Be not afraid, for I have brought him good tidings of great joy.

Not sure he's receiving the PMs though.
Yeah, I fgot you second message and I am still reading that thread on another page right now.

Quoting Locust of Death ..August 17, 2009, 03:56:17 PM
QuoteAnyway, I'll shut up now. This topic isn;t nearly as important as which hair products Slaine uses, or where he purchases his stylish loincloths.
Yeah, I was going to say that this topic is only related to Slaine by it's name tag really.
Slaine is only a label here.
On subject of hair products. Can you imagine putting LIME, HORSE DUNG, & BLOOd in your Hair.I can only imagine how damaging that might be. Perhaps the DUNG is okay, but very smelly. I guess it might be very earthy.Human DUNG toaday might alittle acidic, particually if comes form a modern person who being eating alot of chemical laden foods. and isn't LIME acidic as well.
Perhaps Slaine didn't do this as much, but it might expalin why other members of his tribe were suffering premature male pattern baldness.

Quoting Locust of Death, August 17, 2009, 04:09:34 PM

QuoteBut like I said, the more important thing is how Slaine keeps those fantastic spiky locks standing up even in the midst of battle.
This reminds me of the time I decided to use a whole jar of hair gel belonging to a girl I knew to give somebody else a spikey punk hairdo.. When I was done, the whole jar was in his hair, it was spike by my twirling of segments of his hair into outward facing spirals. The only problem was that with alack or a blow dryer and that he wasn'rt hanging upside.gravity had the effect of making all the spikes curl downwards.
It did still lokk cool, I think he washed it all out of hair before he went to the pub.
Later on that night we all went to the local theatre to watfch the midnight premiere of 'Bram Strokers Dracula'
Those were the days.
I know that seems abit gay, but it's wasn't.
I think Celts like Slaine did their own hair.Perhaps he had trained the Knucker well  to blow short bursts of heated air through it's nostrils on freshy spiked noggin without setting him alight. Perhaps after the Knucker was shot down he had to warp earth power through suspiciously gun shaped load stone aimed at his head. Creating the worlds fiirst cordless, hand held hair dryer.

Quoting James S at  August 17, 2009, 04:43:37 PM
QuoteQuote from: COMMANDO FORCES on August 17, 2009, 04:42:14 PM
Jealousy will always stop me becoming gay. There is no way I can go out with a bloke who has a bigger penis than me
And no point going out with someone with a smaller penis ?
I know i'm asking for trouble by saying this...
What of those strange but beautiful south American women. What if they have a larger penis than you?.
Some of them are very convincing.

Quoting Peter Wolf at August 17, 2009, 10:42:14 PM

QuoteQuote from: locustsofdeath on August 17, 2009, 03:56:17 PM
That may not be far off - don't we often hate what we fear or don't understand. Most of the homophobes I've run into are ultra-macho guys, and when they make comments against gays, it's usually in a very angry and hate way. Why? No release? Jealous that others can be open about it? I don't know if homophobia leads to homosexuality, but I have to think the other way round might be true.

Anyway, I'll shut up now. This topic isn;t nearly as important as which hair products Slaine uses, or where he purchases his stylish loincloths.

I am not Gay but the amount of times in the past i have been asked if i am Gay by "ultra-macho guys" you would not believe because i dont fit into a typical male stereotype or act like one.I am big without being particularly macho but i am not effeminate particularly or at all but it confuses them and if you are different in any way to them then you *must* be Gay as it goes without saying.

This tends to happen a lot with males who are shall we say are from a certain social strata of society.

It makes me wonder how many of them are in the closet since they certainly seem to be obsessed with the subject
That last one reminds me of old song by some fellow by the name of Jackson.
Not Michael Jackson, but some one else. it's called "Real Men"
Interesting song if you remember it.
This whole thread reminds of the power of a fashion label. Excpet this time it is
[bold]SLAINE[/bold] thta is the label.

It begs a question that [italics]"Will I purchase anything and I mean anything baring SLAINE trade mark  the SLAINE trademark and label on it"[/italics]
No not always, but I enjoy this conversation even if I won't purchase it.