Main Menu

Is it true reading Slaine...

Started by DavidXBrunt, 16 August, 2009, 10:05:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DavidXBrunt

I was reading a scientific journal recently and read a theory that a particular interest in, or long term exposure to comics about barbarians who wear loin clothes is the only connecting factor between Oscar Wilde, the gangster Lattlay Fottfoy, scary man Derren Brown, and Purple People Eater star Neil Patrick Harris. It went on to postulate that regularly reading comics such as Slaine might make you gay.

Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Any thoughts?

The Legendary Shark

If it's worried about comics making people gay, the journal in question must've been Scientific American.

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

IAMTHESYSTEM

It's good to know that scientists dedicate themselves to such worthwhile research. :-*
"You may live to see man-made horrors beyond your comprehension."

http://artriad.deviantart.com/
― Nikola Tesla

Trout

Well, I don't like Slaine and my wife's up the duff.

I am non-Slaine, so heterosexual.

Peter Wolf

Well i always thought that Slaine seemed such a nice boy.
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

Mary Poppins

It has also been discovered that:

a)Injecting iodine into the eyes of kittens causes blindness
b)A goat thrown off a multi-storey carpark will suffer horrendous injuries or death.
c)Nailing testicles to a wall can be painful
d)Latent homophobia can manifest itself in many ways
e)It's no-one's business who consenting adults sleep with/what they read/watch or enjoy as pastimes.
f)The devil makes work for idle hands...
Sunflowers, cakes, rainbows, daydreams, my little pony, angel delight, vegetarian sausage rolls...

Trout

Quote from: Little Lord Fondleboy on 16 August, 2009, 01:38:51 PM
d)Latent homophobia can manifest itself in many ways
e)It's no-one's business who consenting adults sleep with/what they read/watch or enjoy as pastimes.

Fair point. Apologies for any offence. It's a joke about Slaine threads and not intended to be anything else.

House of Usher

It's hilarious to see Trout apologising for any offence caused to someone who goes by the name of 'Little Lord Fondleboy'!
STRIKE !!!

Mary Poppins

I'm not offended.  No-one needs to apologise to anyone.  I think that pointless pseudo-science gets promoted by the Right quite regularly - that's what's offensive.
Examples:

a)Gays don't make good parents/soldiers/human beings
b)Single mothers are feckless
c)The unemployed are lazy and indolent
d)Black men are disproportionately dominant in US prisons, ergo black men are criminals, etc, etc
e)Watching G. Norton/L Grayson/J Inman/C Biggins turns you gay
f)Using 'Little Lord Fondleboy' as a name is offensive. (It means 'I'm a wanker' taking the piss out of myself)
Sunflowers, cakes, rainbows, daydreams, my little pony, angel delight, vegetarian sausage rolls...

Trout

Quote from: House of Usher on 16 August, 2009, 02:35:09 PM
It's hilarious to see Trout apologising for any offence caused to someone who goes by the name of 'Little Lord Fondleboy'!

Shut up, you gay.

Mary Poppins

King Trout, it's the freckled in our midst that worries me!

locustsofdeath!

Quote from: Mary Poppins on 16 August, 2009, 03:30:07 PM

Mary Poppins...is a Termite? Now that is offensive.

Peter Wolf

Pseudo-science is pushed by the left equally as much as it is from the right.

You must be offended or at least feel strongly enough to misconstrue this thread as latent homophobia so much so that you post lists of examples.I dislike being preached to but i can only talk for myself.

Why the need for your Avatar Little Lord Fondleboy ?

Its not the best choice you could have made.

Is it ironic ?

It has also been discovered that some people are reactionary and see things  that are not really there.

Mary Poppins

Be pure, Be vigilant, Ooohhh Behave! (in a Kenneth Williams style)

Peter Wolf

Quote from: Mary Poppins on 16 August, 2009, 03:30:07 PM

You have suddenly metamorphisised into Mahatma Ghandi !!

Please ignore my previous comments about your avatar that was a picture of a political prisoner being tortured.