Main Menu

Matt Smith Interview

Started by gavinhanly, 29 October, 2004, 05:29:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gavinhanly

Now over at 2000AD Review - an interview with Matt Smith from this year's Octacon by Richmond Clements.

(and I nicked a photo off this site for the interview - hope that's OK...?)

Link: http://www.2000adreview.co.uk/index.shtml" target="_blank">2000AD Review

Tiplodocus

Good interview. He is such a nice, unassuming and polite bloke isn't he?  
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

Bolt-01

Yup. Nice to see the list of series for next year too.

Bolt-01

Max Kon

Floyd-the-k

return of Synamon, blurgh!
 seems like a nice bloke, very tactful.

Bolt-01

Ah Floyd, give the gal a chance.

Tharg sees a bit of potential there so we should let he have a go at impressing us.

Bolt-01

Dudley

"Pencilled in for the summer...Leatherjack from John Smith and Paul Marshall"

Dudley quietly weeps with pleasure and anticipation and hope and glory and fear and wonderment and amazement and anticipation.

paulvonscott

Yeah, I always like to hear interviews about the behind the scenes stuff, and this was interesting.

Good to hear Al Ewing get a big up from Tharg's Little Helper.  Al was only a shadow of his former self at the London festival, perhaps he needs a nice crisp full moon to rejuvinate his mental bongo powers, or whatever nonsense drives the chap.

Nice to hear they bring back old characters only because they think it's a good ideas and want to do it, rather than as part of some strategy.

Oddboy

Also good to hear that the Smith droid is frowning on a Superman/Dredd crossover!
Better set your phaser to stun.

Grant Goggans

What sort of droid is this "John Smith" when he doesn't snap to attention when the Mighty One himself calls for more Indigo Prime?  Apparently the sort who's just asking to be fed to Mek-Quake for insubordination.

We wouldn't want that to happen, John.  More Indigo Prime, please.

--Grant

The Amstor Computer

Some interesting stuff there - another class interview!

Graham Rolfe was responsible for the photocovers? Ah well, perhaps it means we've seen the back of them ;-) I quite liked some of his design work for the comic, but I think some of his design choices were less than stellar. Hopefully his replacement will fill his shoes - and perhaps take the design of the comic on and up.

Interesting comment on the "predecessor in the late 1980s", and good to note that the practice of the editor writing for the comic is frowned upon now - I can understand the temptation, but I think it's ultimately damaging.

Delighted to see that Low Life is due back soon, and great to see that Savage may reappear by summer. Nikolai Dante to be a new series? Fan-bloody-tastic! Plenty of interest in that line-up, I think.