Main Menu

Life is sometimes sort of okay because...

Started by House of Usher, 23 March, 2009, 05:17:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Proudhuff

DDT did a job on me

Theblazeuk

Because I found my missing prog (1887) whilst at Dave's comics in Brighton.

Old prog hunters should check that store out btw, lots of Tornados, Crisis, Star Lord and more to be found in the boxes. And its a lovely shop all round anyways.

Spikes

Living just 20 minutes from Humberside Airport, we've been treated to the sight of the Canadian Lancaster flying overhead most days. We'll have six weeks of this, but i'll miss the joint Lancaster flyover next Sunday, as i'll be away, :-(

But here she is flying over my house...

Grugz

because I finally got round to building my daughter's blagdon affinity pond after much nagging! the tricky bit was getting the piggin lining in, much bending with a bad back and sinus infection do not for a pleasant experience make still got major brownie points so worth the pain. :)
don't get into an argument with an idiot,he'll drag you down to his level then win with experience!

http://forums.2000adonline.com/index.php/topic,26167.0.html

COMMANDO FORCES

Last week the family did a bit of indoor skydiving and it was a great laugh and to top it all, the instructor was Dave Grohl :D

Dandontdare

the perspective in that shot has given you Judge Death hands!

Mattofthespurs

Because I wanted a comfy armchair for my man cave and managed to snag a very decent 2 piece suite, 5 miles from my house, for £8.50 off ebay.

Something Fishy

Heck of a walk though just to have a sit down in the evening.

Dark Jimbo

@jamesfeistdraws

Mattofthespurs

Something Fishy

Mardroid

I had a tumble on the way to work yesterday morning. By that, I don't mean I broke into a dance routine and did a somersault to the amusement of passers by. Or that I 'had a tumble' in the sense that I got close and special with a young lady cos, well... that doesn't happen.

I mean I was running late so I decided to run but ended up tripping instead, smacking my forehead head on the pavement and taking a bit of skin off my side. Thankfully I wan't badly hurt. I didn't get concussion (although I do have a bruise and a lump on my forehead and a big purple bruise on my side around the bloody spot) and the heel of my left hand is bruised which means holding things tightly, applying pressure, or anything a bit heavy is a bind. (I can still lift with that arm, it's just the hand.)

So why did I post this in the 'sort of okay' thread? Well, I'm a bit sore, but it could have been a lot worse, but I mainly posted it because a curious thing happened when I hit the pavement. You know that big melodramatic "BWARRRRMMM!" sound that permeates many movie ads, particularly ones featuring giant robots, big disasters or post-apocalyptic mayhem? I heard something very similar when I hit the pavement.

I'm guessing it's the auditory equivalent of seeing a flash of light if you hit the back of your head. I.e. that part of the brain deals with sight and knocking it can cause the brain to receive false information. I wonder if the brain behind one's forehead deals with sound?

It's rather curious it was that particular melodramatic sound I heard  though! Hee hee. Or I truly am living in my own Truman show.

NARRATOR (with that gravelling husky voice): "Mardroid.. takes....A Tumble!"
BWAAAAARRRRRRMMM!

TordelBack

Good man, Mardroid - when life gives you a sharp whack to the head, make an interesting anecdote out of it!

SuperSurfer

I came across some useful advice via Twitter today: when taking a fall "style it up" and shout "parkour!"

But seriously Mardroid, worth getting checked out at A&E?

Mardroid

Quote from: SuperSurfer on 06 September, 2014, 08:35:28 PM
I came across some useful advice via Twitter today: when taking a fall "style it up" and shout "parkour!"

But seriously Mardroid, worth getting checked out at A&E?

Thanks, but I don't think I need to. I'm mainly suffering from bad bruising (actually I think it's the worst I've ever had in that regard, the bruise on my side in particular is a beaut!) but I'm already better. When I went out yesterday I found walking a slight chore as I could feel the bruise pulling at my side, but, after a meal and a couple of pints at the pub, even that had improved and I was walking a bit easier. Whether it was the healing of time, the numbing of alcohol, or just the fact I had sat down for a couple of hours, I'm not sure.

Today I'm still a bit sore but better than yesterday. Just minor aches and pains really. My left hand is definitely stronger.