Main Menu

Life is sometimes sort of okay because...

Started by House of Usher, 23 March, 2009, 05:17:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steven Denton

Most of my books are comics or about comics so your pretty safe.

The Legendary Shark

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

TordelBack

Great news there Sharky. Can you scrounge up some insulation board, or is it already in place?

The Legendary Shark

No insulation as such, just some polystyrene sheets Sellotaped to the ceiling. There is a small oil radiator that's just turned up, though, and I've become accustomed to the cold (or so I'm trying to convince myself) and have some reindeer furs on the bed, which are fantastically warm and cosy. (With apologies to any animal rights people out there. But these things were stacked up in the military surplus shop and I couldn't resist.)
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

TordelBack

The other trick, which I'm sure you are aware of, is to get the smallest possible pop-up tent (or just a self-supporting dome or geodesic, but something that goes up and down with a minimum of fuss and no pegs) and sleep/read in that come the cold nights.

Hawkmumbler

Nice, Sharky. Is the hut one of those odd 'pods' that's become popular at camp sites recently?

The Legendary Shark

Nice one, Tordels, thanks :-)
No, Hawkie, it's just a run-of-the-mill garden shed with a bunk in it. And the obligatory spiders.
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Jim_Campbell

12 weeks of Slimming World, plus four early-morning trips to the gym per week and I should pass the two stone lost mark at this weekend's weigh-in. Still at least a stone to lose, but the man-boobs have turned into pecs, I have identifiable muscle groups in my shoulders and, in a good light from the right angle, I could almost convince myself I have an ab. :-)

Cheers

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

TordelBack

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 02 October, 2015, 09:46:27 AM... but the man-boobs have turned into pecs...

TMI

EDIT: Oh jovus, I can't believe this was my 20,000th post, what a waste!  And yet, how very appropriate. 

The Legendary Shark

Well done, Jim - I bet you spend hours, now, looking in the mirror saying "I'll be back..."
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

ZenArcade

Well done Jim, we'll not be fit to beat the new man boobless you up at conventions for slagging us off on the forum. 20000 Tordel,  top stuff. Z
Ed is dead, baby Ed is...Ed is dead

Jim_Campbell

I, Cosh

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 02 October, 2015, 09:46:27 AM
12 weeks of Slimming World, plus four early-morning trips to the gym per week and I should pass the two stone lost mark at this weekend's weigh-in. Still at least a stone to lose, but the man-boobs have turned into pecs, I have identifiable muscle groups in my shoulders and, in a good light from the right angle, I could almost convince myself I have an ab. :-)
Is this a deliberate Nick Cave reference or can you just not help yourself? Good work though. I could probably do with shifting a few pounds myself.
We never really die.

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Bulbous Salutation on 02 October, 2015, 11:02:49 AM
Is this a deliberate Nick Cave reference or can you just not help yourself?

Completely unintentional! I actually had to google that...

When I shot him, I was so handsome
It was the light, man, it was the angle

Thanks for that!

Jim

Old Tankie